Buying Soul EV in SoCal

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edzee3

Supporting Member
I (in Long Beach0) am looking to buy a EV Plus in SE LA County/North Orange County. Not a lease but a plain-cash sale. Would like to know if there are any dealers to favor or stay-away from?
Appreciate any words of wisdom.
Thanks

I had an excellent experience working with Rob at Downtown LA Kia. He can be reached at 213.255.6154. PM me if you'd like my contact info.

When I walked in they had the EVs marked up some absurd amount and I just told them I've never paid MSRP for a car and I don't intend to now, so they can find me at the Nissan dealer down the street. About 30 seconds later we were $2,300 under MSRP on the Soul. Totally painless transaction with friendly people.

The facility itself is kind of a dump but that's pretty low on my priority list when purchasing a car. Once we had an agreed-upon price they didn't jerk me around or pull any punches. Quick and easy; I bought the car on my lunch break.

-Drew

From an inventory standpoint, Kia of Irvine seems to have about 60 EVs in stock right now, so I bet you could get a great deal there. At least one poster here got a great lease deal there, probably the best one listed on the forum.

The monthly sales numbers have been low and gas prices are in the dump, so this is probably a great time to buy.

I worked with Rashid at Kia of Irvine. Great experience, and a great deal. Lease/buy doesn't matter because you should negotiate the price of the car in both cases, not the monthly payment. I used the True Car average selling price, and they matched it.

I got mine base model back in Nov at NorCal just below true car invoice price (a bit higher then dealer stated invoice price, not sure why there is different on that)

Getting email spam from dealer that I talk to on + model for $2500 down $229/month 3yr 36000miles

Thx for the new info.
A week ago, I sent out e-mail requests for quotes to 8 local "EV" dealers and got quotes back from 4. Varied from MSRP down to 10% below.
A real mixed bag.
I plan to pick one soon.

Your 15,000 mile-per-year lease with 2 grand down should be in mid 300s.
3 years later you'll be happy to bring the car back, smile, and lease a 300-mile Soul.
Kid you not.
You will have spent about 6-7 grand on the lease (deducting the Ca rebate and gas savings). Same loss as what you lose trying to sell your old tech if you had bought the car.

Greetings Kia Fans/owners,
While in Los Angles over christmas I took a Kia Soul EV for a test drive.
The dealer was Sherman Oaks Kia. The salesman (David )who showed me the car was very knowledgable and helpful.
I didn't discuss prices since I'm living in Houston. However, their initial price was not marked above MSRP.
Soul EV on top of my list of possible purchases/leases if/when available in Texas.
Current vehicle:
Mitsubishi I-MIEV, 16000+ miles
2012 ES model
Lease expires Feb. 2015

jysl said:
I got mine base model back in Nov at NorCal just below true car invoice price (a bit higher then dealer stated invoice price, not sure why there is different on that)

Getting email spam from dealer that I talk to on + model for $2500 down $229/month 3yr 36000miles

What dealership is offering the $229 a month? I'm thinking of leasing a second Soul EV if I can get this price.

Hello,

I had a positive experience at Car Pros Kia of Glendale, purchasing a Caribbean Blue Plus for invoice (33,056) plus taxes and fees. Andy E. (Internet & Fleet sales) was very upfront, and even tossed in wheel locks and a cargo net.

Shopping at the end of the month was beneficial (bought on 1/30), in that most dealers are more interested in building up their overall sales numbers (for monthly or quarterly bonuses from the manufacturer), rather than selling a large amount of one specific model. Also, go during a weekday, shortly after they open.

Let me know if you have any questions, and good luck!

~CB

I just took delivery of a Soul Plus EV (Silver gray) from Kia of Cerritos . Cash purchase was pretty straight forward, and settled at taxable total of $33.4 K plus Govt. taxes/fees.
Judy Lorenzo was good to deal with.
Thanks for providing this forum; helped me a lot.
I really like this car; a lot to learn.

Back