Siri Eyes Free

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dondon

Has anyone gotten the Siri Eyes Free feature to work? When I long press the voice recognition button, I do get the Siri screen, but when I say something to try to get Siri to respond, I get an error message to "enable Siri" on my phone. Siri is enabled on my iPhone (works fine with the home button long press), though I don't know if I need to do something special to get it to work with the car.

For reference, I have an iPhone 5S (AT&T) running iOS8, and it is connected through Bluetooth and makes regular calls just fine.

Sounds crazy, but after the long press, tap the bottom of the UVO screen, then speak. It seems to work for me.

I played with it a little bit more, and I think the problem is that I have a password on my lock screen. If I unlock my screen first, I can use it, but this sort of defeats the whole purpose. The whole point is not to be fumbling around with my phone in the car. It is the same with the "Hey, Siri" function - it won't work unless I first unlock it, which means I have to pick it up and I may as well just push the home button for Siri anyway.

I (sort of) get why Apple does this (better security), but it should be something that can be disabled by the user if they want.

dondon said:
I played with it a little bit more, and I think the problem is that I have a password on my lock screen. If I unlock my screen first, I can use it, but this sort of defeats the whole purpose. The whole point is not to be fumbling around with my phone in the car. It is the same with the "Hey, Siri" function - it won't work unless I first unlock it, which means I have to pick it up and I may as well just push the home button for Siri anyway.

I (sort of) get why Apple does this (better security), but it should be something that can be disabled by the user if they want.

Never mind, I figured it out - there is an option to disable it, but it isn't under the "Siri" tab. For those that have had this issue, it is under "Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode". Sorry for replying to my own post...

Back