Show us a picture of your Soul EV! ..

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
vanillagorilla..

You are indeed a "Rock Star" as all we EV pioneers are! .. :)

-- IKEA certainly is on board with a 'clean air' vision.

The local store here has a HUGE solar PV array on the roof AND an on-site 'BLOOM BOX' fuel cell electric generator system behind the store.

Cheers ..

AJ

Hey..
I'm from Denmark, as of today there about 33 Kia Soul EV's here :)
I've got mine in november last year and has driven 20.000 km

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The last two images are from an Highway opening, where we were trying to beat the Guinness World record of the 250 EV cars.
We were 396 EV cars (3 Kia's) in the parade, but we are still waiting apsprovel from Guinness.

//Buster

Hi SoulEV2016,

I see you have the traction control off, eco mode on & it looks like you are in 'B' mode (heavy re-gen) here too ...

Does that change the acceleration of the car while in Reg, Eco and B mode?

Hmmm ... :idea:

-- Thanks for the pic.

AJ

ECO mode = OFF
Traction restriction for skid = OFF (short press on button = YES)
Stability Program = ON (long press on the same button, in that case = NO)
Gear shift = B position

1) anti-skid introduce somes restriction (in time, from 1 to 6 secondes according to the last skid monitoried by the ABS sensor) on the acceleration curve (torque).
i don't like this ... and bumper anti-torque on the engine cradle, too.

i loose power when i can already sense the grip of the tire on the road after the skid.

2) ECO mode introduce somes bad reaction of current (torque) on the regular range on the throttle pedal.
I can not mitigate my throttle pedal position liked to the grip of the tire in ECO mode.

ECO is not linear for the throttle pedal.

3) B position is more quick/fast than move my foot from the throttle pedal to the brake pedal (to use only the first 1/3 to use ONLY the 43kW to 80kW electrical brake regeneration).

Throttle accelerator only provide 43kW when you use B position and 0 throttle.

Use brake at the 30% of power activate the 43kW to 80kW range of regeneration without use the mecanical brakes (no heat on the mountain road).

TeXr9s.png

MsBgY1.png

QqFI6Z.png

some pictures of my Soul EV :

Soul of the middle journey from Dublin (Ireland) to Lyon (France), 1600 km to relocate

image18.jpg

My Soul during a Paris-Nice rally

20160525.jpg

20160610.jpg

with friends :)

image30.jpg

image31.jpg

The light of soul :)

zz201510.jpg

last month at mountain for skiing

img_2010.jpg

Back