Creaking sound in the front

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johntox

When I slow down my 2016 Kia Soul EV, there is a loud creaking sound like a tree bending in the wind. I brought it to dealer and they can't figure it out.
Does anybody have the same problem?

I had some noises like that in my Leaf. I took it to the dealer and
they torqued some of the bolts that fasten the suspension to the
chassis and that fixed the problem. I bet your problem is something
similar.

Try to listen with the windows open and closed to see you can isolate
what part of the car the noise is coming from - front, back, left or right.

Does the creaking sound come right as the car is rebounding from coming to a complete stop? Mine does this and I take it to be the brake pads creeping against the discs a tiny bit during suspension rebound. I would imagine this noise is obfuscated by the engine in the gasoline model.

That said, all four corners of my car make a "squinshing" sound when traversing driveways or speed bumps at low speed, which I chalk up to cheap suspension bushings. I mentioned it to the dealer but they blew me off. I'll be making more noise about this issue at my next service.

No,
It squeaks right when I brake and the car is slowing down. I suspect it has to do with suspension.

I often get a noise that sounds more like snapping or cracking than creaking. It comes at random times, but it seems to me to be most associated with sudden movements of the body, as when entering or exiting a sharp corner or doing rapid acceleration or deceleration. I hear it as coming from either overhead or behind my driver's seat. Sometimes I think maybe it's the body frame flexing around the sunroof hole, other times I've thought maybe it was one of the seat belt buckles slapping against the body - but I have never been able to pin down just exactly what it is. I get it pretty much at least once every time I drive the car. The first time I heard it was on the drive home from picking the car up at the dealer and it freaked me out totally. I've gotten accustomed to it by now, but I do still wonder what the heck causes it!

The rear seat belts do need to be tucked down alongside the edge of the back seat (as if you had the seat back down) otherwise the buckles bang about on the plastic.

I've got a pair of sunglasses in the storage and while most of the compartment is padded, it's missing padding in a couple of places like the sides. Some foam stickers helped quiet that down a lot.

I have a few things in the glove box like a tyre pressure gauge and a pen that rattle. I need to pick up a soft pencil case to put them in.

At low speeds I hear a significant creaking when I drive over speed bumps, gutters, potholes, etc. I suspect that it's the swaybar bushings or something else on the suspension that requires some lube, but I have yet to climb under the car to test that theory out.

Have a 2016 Kia Soul that does the same creaking noise on low speeds from passenger door side area. I brought it in to the Dealer and they kept it for 2 days and the tech heard it but cannot isolate it, and said they cannot do anything. It seems to be coming from the small panel on the upper edge of the passenger door. Tried some lithium grease and lubricated that area after lifting the hood. The noise seems to be less now, but will have to observe for a little longer, Maybe this is it...

Back