Advanced Driving Assistance pack (ADAP)

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JejuSoul

-
This thread is to discuss Kia's latest available safety features. They are not yet on the Soul EV but are for other cars, hence they are expected to be on the MY2018. For the 2017 N iro Hybrid this option is only available on the highest trim. - see http://www.kia.co.uk/new-cars/range/mid-sized-cars/niro/allnewniro.aspx

The Safety Package adds a radar and a camera at the front, and two radars at the back. (in addition to the 8 ultrasonic sensors that are standard)
The safety features included are AEB, SCC, BSD, RCTA, LCA, LDWS, and LKAS. (see below for explanations of these).

Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB)

Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)

Smart Cruise Control (SCC)

Blind Spot Detection (BSD

The Hyundai I oniq EV has the same set of safety features. I have reviewed them here - http://myioniq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=73&start=10
For the new Hyundai Genesis this package is called Smart Sense.

Similar threads to this are:

1/ Kia DriveWise: Intelligent safe technology This is for full autonomous driving. It is not expected until 2020.

2/ Automatic Parking Not yet available on any Kia model. The 2015 version of Automatic Parking called (APAS) which used 12 ultrasonic sensors has been replaced in testing by the Smart Parking Assist System (SPAS) which uses the cameras and radars available in the Advanced Driving Assistance pack (ADAP).

-
The MY2018 Soul EV does not have any of these safety features. It is strange. Kia used to put these features into the Soul EV first. But now almost all other Kia cars will be getting these features before us. (The three without are the Ray, Soul and Pride). I think it is another sign of how little money Kia is spending on development and upgrades for the Soul EV.

see Kia Motors To Introduce ‘Driver Wise’ to Entire Lineup of Its Cars

Early this year, Kia Motors became the first one to apply AEB (Auto Emergency Breaking) and FCWS (Forward Collision Warning System) to its small cars. Also most of 2018 cars such as K3, N iro, Sorento, Mohave and K9 are able to choose Drive Wise package. Currently only Ray, Soul, and Pride (discontinued) cannot choose Drive Wise package.
The Kia car that gets the most advanced system is the Stinger. Am not sure if the image below is real.

-----------------------------------------------------

The new gasoline Hyundai Kona is also getting the HUD - video of glass screen rising here - http://cafe.naver.com/musiclord/353180

For the first time in the segment, Kona has installed a combiner-type of head-up display that shows driving information such as speed, map data, and fuel level on a separate piece of glass that pops up behind the steering wheel when the engine is turned on. Existing head-up displays project information on the windshield.

konahudops8k.jpg

Back