JejuSoul

Re: Jeju EV Rally

Sat May 27, 2017 5:19 am

-
Went to the latest EV Rally in Jeju today.
First time I have seen the 2018 M odel Soul EV. Apart from the modest improvement to the battery the car is identical.
Here's 3 different colours of the 2018. All still showing the factory plates. Seats still plastic wrapped.

The car below is not a 2018. I just liked the paint and the sticker.

There's more photos here - http://www.jejutwn.com/mobile/article.html?no=5685
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

SoulEV2016

Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:33 am

any result of this trip/rally ? 8-)
Kia Soul EV 2016 Ultimate 27 kWh - Mountain hard driving (fast). Drain 1/3 of Battery after 32km. - Unlimited highway speed (153km/h at regulator).

JejuSoul

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:03 pm

-
Unlike previous events this 'rally' was very dominated by the car companies. Rather than owner drivers competing against each other on the same course, this event was fleets of new cars being driven by 'professional' drivers. They did not follow the same course.

There was strong criticism that this event just became a 'selfish competition' between companies rather than any collaboration to promote EVs.
see http://v.auto.daum.net/v/20170529073004386

I did not stay for the end, so I did not see all the cars finish. I don't think any journalists did either because nowhere can I find any results for this event. Apart from one report which I have been unable to confirm - see below.

The supposed routes

Cars lined up at the start

GM used rental cars with driver couples carefully selected on social media

The one and only report of a result - 기아차 쏘울EV, 1회 충전으로 292㎞ 주행 가능?
Presumably this journalist was specifically paid for this coverage. The end point isn't the stadium where all the other cars finished.
Given the distance this car would have finished hours after every else.
There is nothing at the eco rally site itself about this - Jeju EV Eco Rally
In previous years the winners photos are in the gallery section.
Note - I don't doubt the result, but I am not sure it was actually part of the eco rally.

I didn't see the 292km car so I can't really say more.
I did see the first 2018 Soul EV to finish. Seems like the rally course was 130 km.

The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

Return to “News and Main Soul EV Forum Discussions”