SoulEV2016

Re: Hyundai AE (All Electric) to be available before Chevy BOLT

Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:12 pm

I have 2 confirmations on a french forum that the IoniQ Electric can charge at 7,3kW. :idea:
but no Torque picture for now (perhaps an EVSE screen reading).

In France, we have a 230v AC 50Hz grid.
Kia Soul EV 2016 Ultimate 27 kWh - Mountain hard driving (fast). Drain 1/3 of Battery after 32km. - Unlimited highway speed (153km/h at regulator).

JejuSoul

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:08 pm

-
Both the B olt EV and I oniq EV use LG Chem batteries. Here in Korea demand for both far outstrips supply. I had previously blamed the car companies for not ordering enough batteries. I believe LG Chem has the capacity to produce more if they were paid to do so.

But here is an interesting comment by mg under the PushEVs article - New details on the 2018 Nissan Leaf
On the side note: very interesting point about not reaching a deal with LG when appearently the chemistry company in recent years was willing to sign a supply contract for cells for any passible ev. Along with some reports about production constraints circulating about I oniq and current scale of LG-propelled EVs production(Bolt with production of about 3k/month(US+CA+Nor+stock building), Zoe(4k), I oniq(1.2k and reportedly increasing production), Volt(2,5 k/month), + couple of other cars) I’m estimating that the are at about 600MWh/month(or 7GWh/yr) – and given that they are also obligated to deliver even more for current clients(Bolt was reported to be able to deliver up to 50k this year so about 4.2k/month) they might by already capacity constrained for at least time needed to finish the current expansion(US, China factory expansion, Polish factory construction). That would also lower my previous estimations of current LG capacity(from 10 GWh to about 8GWh/yr), and for capacity at the end of 2019(from 20 to about 17 GWh/yr)

------------------------------------------------------------

Got to see a lot of I oniq EVs this weekend at the local convention center. 110 of them!

Here's a group of 18 waiting to charge. Along with one Chademo rescue truck.

The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

JejuSoul

Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:01 pm

-
Latest US sales figures for the B olt EV show the sales static at about 1,500 / month. In California inventory is about 6,000.
Hence production is about 2,500 month or 30,000 / year. Exactly what they planned to produce.
see - LG Chem sees GM selling over 30,000 Bolt electric vehicles next year

And for the I oniq Hybrid and I oniq Electric. Current production and sales for the Electric are about 1,200 / month. There is no inventory. Order backlog is 6 months everywhere. The production matches what they planned, but they are being forced to increase by the Korean government to clear the long waiting lists in Korea. That must be done to fulfil the government 2017 sales targets, given that the I oniq Electric is by far the most popular EV in Korea.
see - Hyundai Motor Company Increases Production Capacity of IONIQ Electric by 50%

The charts are for worldwide sales. Local at the top, rest of the world underneath.

Just for comparison here are the stats for the N iro Hybrid. It is selling twice as fast as the I oniq Hybrid. (43,000 this year so far, compared to 20,000)

For all Hyundai vehicles the monthly sales data is here - http://worldwide.hyundai.com/WW/Corpora ... index.html
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

Return to “Other Electric Vehicles”