AlKl

Re: Rolling in park? Anyone else?

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:34 am

rjdel wrote:It seems to have to do with shift lever going into Park. When this happens, if I push forward on the shifter just a bit, I hear it click. Seems maybe to be a switch or position sensor not fully engaging when shifted into park.
No, there is no position switch, the "gearshift" is directly (hardwired) connected to the gear.
Here you can see pictures of the "inner life": http://www.goingelectric.de/forum/kia-s ... 2-110.html
I only use the "P"ark position when I'm leaving the car. Never use it when the car is still in motion, you can destroy the gear!

notfred

Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:50 am

Probably just needs the linkage adjusting slightly. This isn't something new for electric vehicles, transmission selector linkages needed adjusting on gasoline powered cars as well.

clyde270

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:10 pm

Here is my too cents. I have 2015 model. Use electric parking brake quite a lot every day, when I go thru drive thru getting some fast food. As each car moves forward, I set my brake. Just shy of 2 years of ownership by 3 months, my EPB lever broke off and it's springs shot it about 2 feet in the air. I'm still waiting for dealership to get the part in, as it is over 3 months now. If and when I get new plastic EFB assembly, I will only set before getting out of car, as I fear it will break again. I use just one finger to set. I would prefer metal assembly or go back to manual parking lever as on the gas models of same year.

Return to “Technical Discussions”