Urgggggg

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomlamb

Parked at LAX this past week and the valet put a big scratch on my rear bumper! Now I have to deal with their insurance to have it fixed/replaced....

So, $400 later, my car looks like new again. As an FYI, the body shop owner said these KIA bumper covers are nice to work on, very thick with a great finish. Mine was a bit more expensive than normal because I didn't want to replace my carpool stickers...

My story is sad but might help- one of you.

My Kia Soul EV was hit by an 18-wheel truck in a hit-and-run on the freeway (repair dude said the driver probably didn't even know he hit me).
It bashed in my passenger front with damage. I brought the car in on 2/26/15 it is now 3/13/15 and still not repaired. Why you ask?
The first hood that was delivered to replace mine --- was shipped damaged. The second one -- same (folder over in corner). A third one was checked at the dealership - it too was damaged in transit. Supposedly those are the only hoods for the EV in north america. Therefore, I am going to have to wait until May to get my hood replaced.
One of the problems with being an early adopter -- parts aren't easy to come by.

vikeken said:
My story is sad but might help- one of you.

My Kia Soul EV was hit by an 18-wheel truck in a hit-and-run on the freeway (repair dude said the driver probably didn't even know he hit me).
It bashed in my passenger front with damage. I brought the car in on 2/26/15 it is now 3/13/15 and still not repaired. Why you ask?
The first hood that was delivered to replace mine --- was shipped damaged. The second one -- same (folder over in corner). A third one was checked at the dealership - it too was damaged in transit. Supposedly those are the only hoods for the EV in north america. Therefore, I am going to have to wait until May to get my hood replaced.
One of the problems with being an early adopter -- parts aren't easy to come by.

Its less of an early adopter issue and more of an issue with selling just a few cars in a few states. I was unlucky enough to be hit by a deer when my LEAF was brand new. All parts were delivered to the repair shop in two days since the LEAF was intended to be sold nationally and is.

Damage was extensive requiring an aluminum hood as well.

http://jpwhitenissanleaf.com/2011/12/10/leafless-in-nashville/

Back