Italian

UVO Modem down

Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:48 am

I own a 2017 Soul EV. My car's internal modem has stopped working for a week now. I have no way to remotely connect to the car and when in the car I cannot use the roadside assistance or any other telematics feature. I am still able to connect to the car via Bluetooth.

When I look at the settings for both modem entries USIM and IMEI I see all zeroes. It wasn't like this until a week ago.

Has anyone encountered this? Any possible solutions?

thegillettefive

Re: UVO Modem down

Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:35 am

This happen to me also. Called Kia support said they cant do anything. Need to take it in to service. I did they had it for a week. Said there was nothing they can do. Ended up fixing myself. So I did I fix it. I started my car with no phone. Made sure there was a network connection. There was three bars at the top right corner. I then pushed the middle button on the rear view mirror. the white uvo one. I then told it to do a search for coffee shops it did it things and started talking. Hope this helps.

Kevin

rcorbin

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:02 pm

thegillettefive wrote:This happen to me also. Called Kia support said they cant do anything. Need to take it in to service. I did they had it for a week. Said there was nothing they can do. Ended up fixing myself. So I did I fix it. I started my car with no phone. Made sure there was a network connection. There was three bars at the top right corner. I then pushed the middle button on the rear view mirror. the white uvo one. I then told it to do a search for coffee shops it did it things and started talking. Hope this helps.

Kevin

Hello,

I believe I am having the same issue you are. My modem number is a bunch of zeros and there is a "no signal" for the UVO EV services indicator. https://photos.app.goo.gl/C3qg5Zg2UaRxGu7P2 I have been communicating a lot with Kia Consumer Assistance and they finally suggested I have it taken to the service center. There they called the Kia Technical support people in Cali and they said it couldn't be fixed and needs a replacement of the whole radio unit:(

How were you able to fix it?

Thanks,

Russell

Italian

Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Hi Russell,

I spent hours with the tech support people, even with the guy assigned specifically to the the Soul EV. All incompetent people and clueless about the car and the system.

In the end I fixed it myself, the solution was simple. I removed the SD card and then re-inserted it. That caused the UVO system to fully reboot and the modem serial number reappeared and everything started working again.

Return to “Technical Discussions”