Battery Charging to 100% only getting 75 miles

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldSOULJoe

Can anyone help me, I have all electric components off in the car, Fan is off, Battery is charged to 100% and I am only getting 75 Miles to a Fully Charged Car.

Is this Normal, I was getting between 95 and 103 miles per charge before.

What is your drive profil ... ?
75 miles = 120 km.

Similar thread = http://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&p=7193#p7193

Same here,
First 9 months I was getting 105 miles per charge.
Now 18 months later I'm getting 75 miles per charge. That's a big drop off. I'm bringing my car into dealer to get it looked at for the second time. Good thing is that I have on record that a year ago I was getting 104 miles on charge so I can force them to do something about it. They say it's all fine but not really.

At about 5500 miles mine dropped from 105 to 99, now at 8900 miles I'm at 93 miles. What the heck is going on? So I needbro take it in for this?

I bought my Tesla same time last year and put more miles on it. At full charge range is still same as when I just bought it. Have lost 0% range now at 10,000 miles and 20 months later. Maybe Kia Soul EV battery is low quality?

The projected range on a full charge correlates in large part to recent driving efficiency. What Energy Consumption values are you seeing in your car's ECO Driving > Driving History screen?

I mentioned this in another recent thread, but there several factors that determine the predicted range that you see displayed -- state of charge, heating/air conditioning use, exterior temperature... but the most significant is your recent driving efficiency. Even if charged to 100% each night, your predicted range may vary from day to day depending on how efficiently you drove the day before.

Your car tracks energy consumption cumulatively. The only reliable way to see your recent efficiency is to reset the calculation via a button on the steering wheel (I do that each morning out of habit). I'll try to find photos that illustrate this point.

When I brought it in to Kia again with print out proving significant degradation in range, they fixed a few things that fixed the problems:
1. PSEV BMS logic improvement
2. OBC Update, inspection, and replace

That fixed the problem. Now I'm getting 105 miles

My range was originally at 93-95 miles. Now it's at 75-80 miles. I'm getting an average of 3.7miles/kwh. If you multiply that by the 27 kwh's in the battery, I should be getting 99.9 miles. Car has just under 16,000 miles on it. I'm lucky that I have a short commute - 24 miles round-trip.

Back