Elmil

Re: Comparing layout of the Soul EV battery with other EVs

Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:02 am

The "Consolidated 12V battery" concept in the I oniq hybrid seems interesting. Maybe something similar Tesl a is aiming for in the Model Y. Any details about the implementation?
Kia Soul EV 2015 / 84000 km

JejuSoul

Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:33 am

-
The I oniq Hybrids that are being tested with our BMS codes are both 2016 models which have a regular 12V battery.

There is an interesting article here about the removal of the traditional 12V battery. - How the Hyundai Ioniq Ditched Its Traditional 12V Lead-Acid Starter Battery

The two cars this applies to are the Hyundai I oniq Hybrid and the Kia N iro Hybrid.
The PHEVs and the EVs still have traditional 12V batteries.

These new hybrids have the ability to jump start themselves, but cannot be used to jump start another car!

The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

JejuSoul

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:13 am

-
The 64kWh N iro EV battery layout is completely different from the current I oniq.
I do not think this new battery will ever fit into the I oniq.
In fact it looks much like the layout in our Soul EVs

From my comment on the previous page -

The battery pack is much further back in the I oniq. This is probably because the roof is so much lower, there is less space under the seats

The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

Return to “Batteries and Charging”