JejuSoul

Re: How to get more range? Go to your dealer. (Video)

Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:30 am

-
It seems you have not noticed any of the multiple comments here about the BMS reset -
For instance -
notfred wrote:There is a BMS update that fixes a problem with preheating at very cold (-25C) temperatures. If you take it in to a dealer and they apply the update then that resets the BMS counters and your battery will show 100% SOH until it actually learns the battery condition again.

The GOM has increased because your car wrongly thinks the battery is brand new again. It will go back to the real value in a day or two.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

Ever

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:40 am

JejuSoul wrote:-
It seems you have not noticed any of the multiple comments here about the BMS reset -
For instance -
notfred wrote:There is a BMS update that fixes a problem with preheating at very cold (-25C) temperatures. If you take it in to a dealer and they apply the update then that resets the BMS counters and your battery will show 100% SOH until it actually learns the battery condition again.

The GOM has increased because your car wrongly thinks the battery is brand new again. It will go back to the real value in a day or two.

You might be right but so far this week has been pretty good (see video below). We'll see in a month or two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-m2GNnLr98&feature=youtu.be

Kish

Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:01 pm

How much % do you drain your battery on a daily basis? The BMS may not learn the true SoH unless you do a full deep charge cycle (or close to it as possible). Try discharging closer to 0% and full charge to 100%, it will help the BMS relearn. (At least it did for me). If you're still getting the higher range after doing the deep charge cycle once or twice, then it will be interesting!
2015 Soul EV+ | 40k miles
2017 Bolt EV Premier | 33k miles

Ever

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:02 pm

Kish wrote:How much % do you drain your battery on a daily basis? The BMS may not learn the true SoH unless you do a full deep charge cycle (or close to it as possible). Try discharging closer to 0% and full charge to 100%, it will help the BMS relearn. (At least it did for me). If you're still getting the higher range after doing the deep charge cycle once or twice, then it will be interesting!

I try not to go down past 20-25% if I can avoid it. So I won’t be able to do that deep charge cycle.

Return to “News and Main Soul EV Forum Discussions”