SoulEV2016

Re: Having Health Issues Due to Driving the Kia Soul EV?

Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:01 am

JejuSoul wrote:Socalgal are you the same person who posted this video on youtube - 2015 Kia soul EMF readings published on Jun 14, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCewxCrfa-k

ah, i see ...

unplug the ionic system : viewtopic.php?p=4414#p4414

:mrgreen: simple.
Kia Soul EV 2016 Ultimate 27 kWh - Mountain hard driving (fast). Drain 1/3 of Battery after 32km. - Unlimited highway speed (153km/h at regulator).

tractioninc

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:29 am

Interesting video. I'd be curious to see how a Prius, Leaf or Tesla compare.
Kia Soul EV+, Porsche 928

tractioninc

Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:37 am

SoulEV2016 wrote:Radiating device emit magnetic pulse signal. Pulse signal from the EV is not the same than the mobile phone device. But it's the same as microwave toaster and radar and wifi (MHz-GHz range, 15dB per meter in USA, 11dB per meter in Europe).

The symptoms she describes are similar to what I've heard described by someone sensitive to microwave ovens, so it's interesting to find that EV EMF is in a similar spectrum.
Kia Soul EV+, Porsche 928

SoulEV2016

Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:49 am

meter (µT meter ?) move only when AC is ON and at front of ventilation (ions ? static electricity from particules ?).
unplug the ionizer (ionic cluster) : viewtopic.php?p=4414#p4414

that why, in my first answer, i have pointed to drive with opened windows (ventilation in OFF position).
Kia Soul EV 2016 Ultimate 27 kWh - Mountain hard driving (fast). Drain 1/3 of Battery after 32km. - Unlimited highway speed (153km/h at regulator).

Socalgal

Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:11 am

JejuSoul wrote:Socalgal are you the same person who posted this video on youtube - 2015 Kia soul EMF readings published on Jun 14, 2015

No, the video you mentioned is about the 2015 Kia Soul EV and doesn't show the measurements when DRIVING the car. I'm the one who created the YouTube Channel "EMF in Electric Cars".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhevP8lhL8A

Dmitry

Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:56 pm

I came across this older thread and wanted to share my experience:

— I just got a 2018 Kia Soul EV+ and it’s making high frequency pitching noise all the time the vehicle is on.

— While test driving, I was wearing a hat which was covering my ears and couldn’t hear that tinnitus style noise.

— It’s coming from the dashboard area. I played with all the available settings, including the screen brightness, but nothing helped. The high frequency electronic hissing sound is there all the time and is really annoying.

— Dropped it off at the dealer’s, their service department is claiming they can’t hear anything. :)

— I have driven other EVs for over 5 years before Kia Soul EV. Most recently, Ford Focus Electric. None of them were making high-frequency sounds whatsoever. I have normal hearing, no sensitivity to anything.

Just a thought, maybe your sensations were caused by a similar high-frequency noise but you just couldn’t hear/register it?

I will look into the ways to record the sound and share here.

Return to “General / Main Kia Soul EV Owners Forum”