tensonue
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Re: Lease Pricing?

Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:05 pm

KiaForbs wrote:Since you bought it in NY it came with the rebate already right?

In CA I would still get an additional $2500.


The Federal and NY State rebate only applies if you purchase the car, not lease. It is up to the leasing company to pass that rebate onto the customer, they are not required to. The NY Rebate is $1700 off the MSRP for the Soul EV at purchase.

When I asked about the rebates (Federal + State) they had said it was factored into the price they gave me, I just had to pay the taxes on the rebates. They said it was $17,600 worth in rebates + dealer promotions.

soulfinder
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Re: Lease Pricing?

Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:11 pm

Hi folks,
I'm in the market for a Soul EV lease, and here is an offer I got in NorCal. Please let me know what you think.

2018 EV+, sticker price is like $37000 and change.
$3000 down/ $172 + tax month/ 10K miles, residual is $12962.

We don't have state built-in rebate like NY here but will get CA $2500 rebate after. What do you think about this deal?

Thanks!

tensonue
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Re: Lease Pricing?

Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:22 pm

soulfinder wrote:Hi folks,
I'm in the market for a Soul EV lease, and here is an offer I got in NorCal. Please let me know what you think.

2018 EV+, sticker price is like $37000 and change.
$3000 down/ $172 + tax month/ 10K miles, residual is $12962.

We don't have state built-in rebate like NY here but will get CA $2500 rebate after. What do you think about this deal?

Thanks!


The 3 years of leasing this vehicle will cost you around $10k (with taxes and other fees). IMO I think this is too much and the features inside the EV+ isn't significant enough to warrant the price difference compared to the EV model. With price like that I would probably look at purchasing a used Toyota RAV4 EV, they're easier to find in the state of CA.

Of course it depends on your situation and the needs of the vehicle. My wife and I went in with a budget and stumbled upon this site https://leasehackr.com/calculator/
After posting what the dealer offered members of that site commented that we should jump on it.

Personally I would not pay more than $110/mo+taxes @ $3,000 down for an EV+. $120/mo tops if they have only a few vehicles left and are flying off the lot.

CopperRoad
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 am

Re: Lease Pricing?

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:08 pm

I think this is simply personal preference. As (IMO) there is a marked difference between the Soul EV base model and the EV +. You gain by jumping to the EV + -> Power-Folding Outside Mirrors, Ventilated Front Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Leather Seat Trim, Parking Assist w/ Front and Rear sensors, Front Fog Lights/Projector Beam, Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror, Cargo Cover, and Leatherette Meter Hood, Door Center Trim Inserts, and Door Armrest. The seller didn't mention if it had the Sun & Fun Package, so I won't consider that, but the full panoramic sunroof/window is pretty impressive. And not available on any EV, that I can recall, except for a Tesla. And, no other EV in the Soul's class boasts ventilated seats or folding mirrors. Again, all of these options may not matter to you, but they're far from insignificant.

Also, I'm not quite sure how you get to 10k? I'm guessing, based on how my 2018 EV+ (with Sun & Fun Pack) leased, that the taxes and fees are included in the lease price quoted. So, instead of 10k, it would be $170 + tax (I believe tax is around 8.50% in NorCal?) = $184.45 month = $6640.20 for 36 months. If the buyer is eligible for the CA $2500 rebate, that would only be $500 out of their pocket if putting down $3000, for a grand total for 36 months of -> $7140.20.

tensonue wrote:The 3 years of leasing this vehicle will cost you around $10k (with taxes and other fees). IMO I think this is too much and the features inside the EV+ isn't significant enough to warrant the price difference compared to the EV model. With price like that I would probably look at purchasing a used <a href="http://www.myrav4ev.com" class="interlinkr">Toyota Rav4 EV<span class="tip">Visit the Toyota Rav4 EV Forum</span></a>, they're easier to find in the state of CA.</span>

Of course it depends on your situation and the needs of the vehicle. My wife and I went in with a budget and stumbled upon this site https://leasehackr.com/calculator/
After posting what the dealer offered members of that site commented that we should jump on it.

Personally I would not pay more than $110/mo+taxes @ $3,000 down for an EV+. $120/mo tops if they have only a few vehicles left and are flying off the lot.

soulfinder
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Re: Lease Pricing?

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:28 am

Thanks guys, I'm still negotiating, the current deal is at $3000 drive-off (all in) / $166 before tax / 10k miles / $400 "Kia turn-in fee" at lease end. My sales tax rate is 9.75% (it's painful to live in NorCal) so my math works like $3000 + ($166 + tax) x 35 months + $400 at lease end = $9776.48, close to $10K as tensonue stated. But I do have CA $2500 and PG&E $500 rebates to offset $3000 drive-off. The total cost to me is $9776.48-$3000=$6776.48, or $188.25 per months.

In my opinion, EV+ doesn't have enough features for me to pick over EV but this dealership (who doesn't have any EV left) gives the best offer as other dealerships want me to pay even more for EV. The car doesn't have Sun & Fun package (with S&F is $38080 MSRP IIRC). I'd agree it's impressive but not as significant to our need.

Getting an used EV could be great for us if CA didn't phase out the HOV lane privilege for 2016 or older EVs next year. Unfortunately I need to go with 2017 or newer models to save my commute time.

Thanks tensonue for the really useful calculator, I'll definitely play with it :-)

CopperRoad wrote:I think this is simply personal preference. As (IMO) there is a marked difference between the Soul EV base model and the EV +. You gain by jumping to the EV + -> Power-Folding Outside Mirrors, Ventilated Front Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Leather Seat Trim, Parking Assist w/ Front and Rear sensors, Front Fog Lights/Projector Beam, Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror, Cargo Cover, and Leatherette Meter Hood, Door Center Trim Inserts, and Door Armrest. The seller didn't mention if it had the Sun & Fun Package, so I won't consider that, but the full panoramic sunroof/window is pretty impressive. And not available on any EV, that I can recall, except for a Tesla. And, no other EV in the Soul's class boasts ventilated seats or folding mirrors. Again, all of these options may not matter to you, but they're far from insignificant.

Also, I'm not quite sure how you get to 10k? I'm guessing, based on how my 2018 EV+ (with Sun & Fun Pack) leased, that the taxes and fees are included in the lease price quoted. So, instead of 10k, it would be $170 + tax (I believe tax is around 8.50% in NorCal?) = $184.45 month = $6640.20 for 36 months. If the buyer is eligible for the CA $2500 rebate, that would only be $500 out of their pocket if putting down $3000, for a grand total for 36 months of -> $7140.20.

tensonue wrote:The 3 years of leasing this vehicle will cost you around $10k (with taxes and other fees). IMO I think this is too much and the features inside the EV+ isn't significant enough to warrant the price difference compared to the EV model. With price like that I would probably look at purchasing a used <a href="http://www.myrav4ev.com" class="interlinkr">Toyota Rav4 EV<span class="tip">Visit the Toyota Rav4 EV Forum</span></a>, they're easier to find in the state of CA.</span>

Of course it depends on your situation and the needs of the vehicle. My wife and I went in with a budget and stumbled upon this site https://leasehackr.com/calculator/
After posting what the dealer offered members of that site commented that we should jump on it.

Personally I would not pay more than $110/mo+taxes @ $3,000 down for an EV+. $120/mo tops if they have only a few vehicles left and are flying off the lot.

tensonue
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Re: Lease Pricing?

Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:45 am

soulfinder wrote:Thanks guys, I'm still negotiating, the current deal is at $3000 drive-off (all in) / $166 before tax / 10k miles / $400 "Kia turn-in fee" at lease end. My sales tax rate is 9.75% (it's painful to live in NorCal) so my math works like $3000 + ($166 + tax) x 35 months + $400 at lease end = $9776.48, close to $10K as tensonue stated. But I do have CA $2500 and PG&E $500 rebates to offset $3000 drive-off. The total cost to me is $9776.48-$3000=$6776.48, or $188.25 per months.

In my opinion, EV+ doesn't have enough features for me to pick over EV but this dealership (who doesn't have any EV left) gives the best offer as other dealerships want me to pay even more for EV. The car doesn't have Sun & Fun package (with S&F is $38080 MSRP IIRC). I'd agree it's impressive but not as significant to our need.

Getting an used EV could be great for us if CA didn't phase out the HOV lane privilege for 2016 or older EVs next year. Unfortunately I need to go with 2017 or newer models to save my commute time.

Thanks tensonue for the really useful calculator, I'll definitely play with it :-)


I didn't factor in the rebate, if $6776.48 is the total end number for this lease after rebates I would go for it. Heck even ask if they can lower 166/mo to 160/mo worse is they say no and you go with what they originally offered.

garba
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:31 am

Re: Lease Pricing?

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:35 am

tensonue wrote:
soulfinder wrote:Thanks guys, I'm still negotiating, the current deal is at $3000 drive-off (all in) / $166 before tax / 10k miles / $400 "Kia turn-in fee" at lease end. My sales tax rate is 9.75% (it's painful to live in NorCal) so my math works like $3000 + ($166 + tax) x 35 months + $400 at lease end = $9776.48, close to $10K as tensonue stated. But I do have CA $2500 and PG&E $500 rebates to offset $3000 drive-off. The total cost to me is $9776.48-$3000=$6776.48, or $188.25 per months.

In my opinion, EV+ doesn't have enough features for me to pick over EV but this dealership (who doesn't have any EV left) gives the best offer as other dealerships want me to pay even more for EV. The car doesn't have Sun & Fun package (with S&F is $38080 MSRP IIRC). I'd agree it's impressive but not as significant to our need.

Getting an used EV could be great for us if CA didn't phase out the HOV lane privilege for 2016 or older EVs next year. Unfortunately I need to go with 2017 or newer models to save my commute time.

Thanks tensonue for the really useful calculator, I'll definitely play with it :-)


I didn't factor in the rebate, if $6776.48 is the total end number for this lease after rebates I would go for it. Heck even ask if they can lower 166/mo to 160/mo worse is they say no and you go with what they originally offered.



Which dealer gave you this quote in NorCal?
2015 Nissan Leaf S
2018 Kia Soul EV
Santa Clara, CA

Return to “Buying a Kia Soul EV”