chbla

Re: recommended obd2 adapter?

Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:42 pm

chbla wrote:quick question ( I've got a Hyundai Ioniq Electric and apparently they need the same adapter).

Are there Bluetooth 4 (BLE) adapters that work as well? Low power would be nice...

Thank you very much,
Christoph

anyone?

JejuSoul

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:17 pm

chbla wrote:..Are there Bluetooth 4 (BLE) adapters that work as well? Low power would be nice...

Sorry for not replying earlier, the answer is yes. But I don't know which until someone posts that they have one that is working.
The latest version of Torque is required to use these new adapters.

-------------------------------------------------------

A posting from another Ioniq user on the github forum: https://github.com/JejuSoul/OBD-PIDs-fo ... -385395606
He had been using the blue adapter below which reads the BMS values but fails to see the VMCU.
He then swapped to the white one. Tested both with ELM327 identifier, images below.

The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

koenigworks9

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:03 am

(yes, I know this is a KiaSoul forum, but ODB2 are quite same than Hyundai Ioniq, so you would benefit of this info too)

Tested Carista adapter on Hyundai Ioniq EU version and it's a valid Bluetooth 4 BLE type ELM327 up to v1.4a working fine and fast. Apparently the adapters that work are those supporting officially ISO 15765-4 CAN (500 kbit/s).

FYI there is a very interesting info on ELM327 clones on wikipedia here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ELM327#Pirate_clones.

Kish

Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:13 am

This is the one that I use with my Soul EV. Works great with Torque Pro!
I bought this LELink BLE one to use with Leaf Spy, works great there. However, did not work with Torque Pro, even with the latest versions with BLE support.
2015 Soul EV+ | 40k miles
2017 Bolt EV Premier | 33k miles

Return to “Technical Discussions”