Air Conditioning Not Working

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dondon

Has anyone had any problems with the A/C system? Mine was working fine when I tried it out when we first got the car, but I haven't really used it since due to the moderate weather (and my desire to maximize efficiency). I tried to use it yesterday and it wasn't working. The fan was on, but just blowing hot air. The heater works fine, but not the A/C (I had thought they were part of the same unit). If I have the electricity usage screen on, the climate energy consumption stays at 0 kWh when I hit the A/C button, so it is clearly not working. I guess I'll have to make an appointment at the dealer and see what's up.

This was while driving the vehicle (though it would not have mattered).

I finally had the time to get to a dealer this morning and they told me there was basically no Freon left in the system and they recharged it. They also did various tests to try and identify a leak, but were unsuccessful. They did a vacuum test and showed that the system was holding a vacuum, and there were no signs of any leaking using a dye test. I am pretty sure I had tested the A/C when I first got the car and it was working, so the strange thing is that somehow in the 3 months I have had the car all the freon escaped the system without and kind of a leak. I promise I did not go under the hood and disconnect anything. Weird, but things seem to be working now. Dealer told me to keep an eye on it the next few days and see if anything changes.

Back