Kia Wireless Qi Charger Accessory Questions

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianLurker

This is listed by Kia USA for the Soul gas version but not for the Soul EV version. Anybody know why it cannot be used in a Soul EV?? Anybody tried to install it or have it successfully installed in their Soul EV??

Wireless Charger
Part# B2H58 AP000
$144.30
Go wireless. Charge your applicable QI enabled device (or case) simply by laying it on the charging station.
Notes: Requires QI enabled device or QI enabled case

https://ny022.kiaaccessoryguide.com//index.php?page=individualAccessory&accId=933

CanadianLurker said:
Alas, I never did. Might be a project for this summer though...

While not the 'official fit and finish' , if you want to cheap out this could do the trick for in-car wireless charging on the cheap.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/amazon-ca-choetech-qi-certified-fast-wireless-charging-pad-ac-adapter-included-16-99-w-coupon-2299921 (no tax also)

My son has one of those and I hade a wireless charger for home, but they are so inefficient that they seem to clash with an EV, IMO

Instead I got a powerbank that I charge at home and keep in the car for times I need to recharge. The efficiency is no better, but I am not depleting the total possible range of my car.

The amount of power in an EV makes the efficiency argument moot. It's orders of magnitude less than what is going on with the motor, and any slight inefficiencies in the drivetrain will completely drown out any cell phone charging, wireless or wired.

Agree with notfred, charging your cell phone is likely 50 feet of distance traveled. Also, not sure what you mean about wireless charging being all that inefficient, they aren't far off from wired charging. Seriously mate, there is no reason to go through the hassle of having a separated system to charge your phone to save the battery life in your car.

In terms of size, you have 600-800 pounds of high efficiency/capacity battery in your car and ~100-150grams in your phone.

Back