Best Prices

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, now that the Soul EV is officially coming to Texas I'm debating whether to buy or lease (yeah I know conventional wisdom is to lease EVs as to avoid the low resale value). However I'm the type to keep a car quite a while. My current ICE car is now 8 years old with 41k on it. And we do have a 2,500 incentive in Texas (for now). So I'd like to compare the total cost of leasing and then buying at the end of the lease vs. just buying straight up a Soul EV+. Can someone post the terms of their lease deal so I can compare? I'm most curious about the residual value, and is that the price you can purchase the car for at the end of the lease term? Thanks!

I think you really need to know if you will be able to fully USE the Federal Tax Credit for next years taxes. (it's not a rebate check)
If you can't then you would be better off leasing as they will work in that deduction, and you will get the Texas incentive.

ericonline said:
Hello, now that the Soul EV is officially coming to Texas I'm debating whether to buy or lease (yeah I know conventional wisdom is to lease EVs as to avoid the low resale value). However I'm the type to keep a car quite a while. My current ICE car is now 8 years old with 41k on it. And we do have a 2,500 incentive in Texas (for now). So I'd like to compare the total cost of leasing and then buying at the end of the lease vs. just buying straight up a Soul EV+. Can someone post the terms of their lease deal so I can compare? I'm most curious about the residual value, and is that the price you can purchase the car for at the end of the lease term? Thanks!

I'm picking up my new Soul EV in about 90 Mins from Kearny Pearson KIA in San Diego.

I initially wanted the Blue/White EV + but was told I could probably get a better deal on The Black/Red as they had been a little "happy" on the order button for that color. I'm not too concerned about the color and quite like the contrast. My only requirement was that it must have the Homelink mirror.

MSRP was $37490 including $990 in options. I used TrueCar pricing to negotiate what I thought was a decent price and I was given $1500 for my 14 year old Ford Escape with almost 200K Miles on it. Total rebates were $9000, $7500 Federal and another $1500 Kia. No additional money was put into the deal. Lease payments for 3 years and 12K Miles per annum are $300.

BTW, residual is 44%, so 0.44*37,490 = 16,495

Cheers
KIWI

Back