Speedometer or Instrument Cluster Software update

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atimex

Hello,
I have 2016 Kia Soul EV.
In Speedometer or Instrument Cluster Software missing Mph/Kmh change funtion.
Temperature unit, Energy unit, change is possible but missing Speedometer unit change option.
Can someone help me? Official Kia Service is helpless.

So I buy the Solu EV in US but want used in Europe.
So I want change mph to kmp. Only kmp is ok.
How can this be solved?

-
I have Korean software. The Instrument Cluster is in km and has no option to change to miles.
In the USA the Instrument Cluster is in miles and has no option to change to km.

If you want both you will have to move to Europe or Canada.

Thank you JejuSoul,

Yes I buy the Solu EV in US but want used in Europe.
So I want change mph to kmp. Only kmp is ok.
How can this be solved?

atimex, it can't be fixed. That is what Jeju was trying to tell you. For some unknown reason Kia didn't enable that feature in the Souls made for the US market. Apparently they don't realize that sometimes we drive into Canada. Most US residents don't know how to convert to km/h from mi/h. You can, however, go to the GPS section in the center display and have it show your speed in km/h. You could also make a chart of common speeds and the equivalent km/h values and post them by your speedometer. For example 100km/h = 62mph.

This is solved by replacing the software. The official dealer will not do it. I'm doing it. :)

I repeat. In order to do this, you need a programmer who can read and write this dashboard.
Dealer equipment will not do this!
Come to my room, I'll make it for you.

-
stroom - can you post some of the OBD codes you use to access the instrument cluster. The read and write commands.

There is a similar project in New Zealand for the N issan L eaf

Japanese to English Conversion Tool for N issan L eaf Instrument Cluster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uzIHUvTNOY

-
stroom - Yes I know that this is a Kia Soul EV Forum.
The point of showing the N issan Video was to show the same thing being done on other cars.
There is nothing unique about the ability to update the instrument cluster. It has already been done on other cars.

stroom - can you post the OBD codes you use to access the instrument cluster on the Kia Soul EV. The read and write commands

Free - not yet, I earn it.
I want to buy the equipment I need when I do it, maybe then I'll post the solution. I can not yet.

Reprogramming the instrument panel KIA Soul 2 without a car - on the table.
Link 2 to video:
https://youtu.be/DSTRaBEd6U8

Back