curtalva

Rotten smell (Air conditioning drain clogged?)

Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:39 am

My 2015 Soul EV has recently developed a rotten smell (like bad produce or dead animal??? ... not sure). Could this be the result of a clogged air conditioning drain? I am unable to find anything (i.e. produce or signs of a dead animal) anywhere inside or outside of the passenger or engine compartment. I will say that I used the air conditioner nearly every time I used the car this past summer. I don't see any water leak inside the passenger compartment. I do drive on a dirt road for about 1000 feet each time I leave or arrive at my house (not sure of the impact of that).

p.s. Exactly where is the air conditioning drain located?

Thanks,
Curt

AnOnyMzB

Re: Rotten smell (Air conditioning drain clogged?)

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:53 am

Sorry, I don't know about the A/C drain, but have you replaced the cabin air filter? A while back, in another of my cars, there was a weird, damp smell and replacing the cabin air filter fixed it.

curtalva

Re: Rotten smell (Air conditioning drain clogged?)

Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:58 pm

I found a mouse nest in the back of the car underneath the concealed storage area (as far down as you can get back there). Did not find a dead mouse anywhere in the car. Even pulled up the back seat cushions. Hmmm.... it's much better these days :)

Return to “Technical Discussions”