GuesseOMeter is WrongOMeter

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgarr33434

I know my GOM has been off, but I never really measured it until this morning, driving to work. Every day I travel 28 miles to/from work, and every day my GOM registers between 2-22 miles of battery used, which means the GOM is off by 12%. My battery stats shows that the battery has 13% deterioration. While the two are identical, they should not be related, as the GOM should start on 4mi/kwh * (27kwh*.78) = 84 miles, not 70. Do I need a reset or replacement of my GOM software? I have a 2015, with all updates.

-
The GOM is always a guess. There is no point trying to analyze battery stats with the GOM.
There are too many variables that effect the GOM. You know your own commute and driving style better than it does.
And there are no software updates for it.

thanks. how do I determine my true miles to go? can I rely on the descending white ticks on the battery dial? for example, my battery is 13% down, so 27 x .87 = 23.5 now x 4mpkh = 93 potential miles. I havent counted the tick marks, but assume there are 15 for easy math. Each tick is worth ~4miles.

You can call up battery percentage on the EV screen of the head unit. The ticks are not even, the top one is a lot more than the rest. I don't remember exactly but I think it is maybe 15% and then the rest are 5%?

bgarr33434 said:
... how do I determine my true miles to go? ...
The GOM always guesses in a predictable fashion. If you have been driving up a steep mountain, it will assume that you will keep driving up that steep mountain. The GOM is not intelligent. You are. If you have are driving up a steep mountain, you will know how long before you reach the top. You will know that many of the miles lost when going up will be regained when going down.

You have to get used to your car in your climate, on your terrain, with your driving style.

Back