Not able to lock doors

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Usikker

When I tried to open the driver door pressing the button on the door handle, nothing happened...
Pressed the button on the remote and all doors opened but there was no cabin light.
Presses the start button and the the cabin light turned on, no doors was open but the door indicator showed that the rear left door was open (it was not)
I opened it and closed it again, same status, so I turned of the cabin light and went to the shop.
Then after parking the car it will not lock doors, it beeps when I press the button indicating that one door is open.
I tried manually with the key but it opens all doors as soon as I lock them

So back in my garage, open the hood, disconnected 12 battery and locked the car manually..

Any tip where to start looking
Can it be the door lock "detector" switch inside the door lock system because there are no "old fashion" push button door light switch

Check / charge the 12V battery. If the 12V is low then all kinds of weird things start happening.

If it is still showing left rear door open, it may be a problem with the switch on that door. Open that door fully and investigate the switch.

Back