Soul Spy?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have fixed the crash issue, and also fixed the coloring of the battery cell map, in version 0.1.3-2899, download link here: https://github.com/langemand/SoulEVSpy/blob/master/README.md

I had relied to much on the demo mode when developing the Battery cell map; the temperatures were not represented by the correct type during demo playback.

I just installed the latest version. Nice work, and thank you! The interface is getting better each time. I've only had my car for a couple weeks, so I'm still getting used to things here. When I got it, it showed 104.5% SOH, but now it shows 106.6% SOH. I'm assuming it's just a typical variance like I used to see on my Leaf.

-
Am testing the new version.
Here is the voltage heatmap on my BlueOn.
Cell 61 at 4.24V is the defective cell, but it is not coloured correctly because the code is confused by the zero values at the end.

It's not working correctly because the BlueOn has 88 cells not 100.
The code for the Kia Ray EV and the Hyundai BlueOn needs to stop at 88.
Perhaps you can look at cell 89. If it is zero then the car has 88 cells.

Similarly the 2020 64kWh Soul EV has 98 cells not 100.

-
Email with BlueOn logs sent.

Here is the voltage heatmap as seen on my 2015 Soul EV.

It correctly shows the 96 cell voltages. But on my screen the right edge is cut off.

There are 7 module temperatures shown, not the 8 modules I was expecting.
I prefer the UI in CanZE. They have separate pages for the voltage heatmap and the temperature heatmap.
Also there are 12 modules in the Ray Ev and BlueOn - this won't fit into a single row at the top row of the voltage page.
They also have some nice icons.

------------------------------------------------------------

And while looking through some logs for a car in Norway, I saw that the charging stations info is working for Norway.
Loaded into SoulEVSpy using the replay data function.

Very nice update :D

My voltage map looks good, no cuts and I have 7 temperature values. Does it exist 8 sensors?

CXf2xBR5CvPyFti5s-EymHCtBuEmxtZsMeKsJ2SFxYCWtD9rUs9S6P3j95u8QUn2GlhSeFyCQBcbEIbrqrBG4xvsn3LSZnL7sZOuNoIQsl76DUt65DLLzF8YpUfRO3DP3z5VWC3JkIronUPRXpXnOkOr3KFlcqUjeb9j6GGfFeV8ihz_LeLBEke8fdj7H70Jf7WRSGDYV6SelnlloDtXezz6_nuub3xp1punA_TSsUpVIGtaDrCnbhjSzhfVgTyiqFkkikmZ8LrcGH32APMHgOuESP4jDn2ZxhTynEs-CLrul-WIpE3y2IQUf6RYmhPeXWCFJ1dWBud3L-FuIFG9-DjrVbyKa2L6mAOi2dDwBYeBNYaVJyfoG_FdlKJsQjp6Af8e5Ql7merzFlp0cBDk0ZbWgZZKJLUipZOqXShitV-oM8Fh_kGnsda1o0r2sZhIq-h2lOy20Sxf0lekxFKhUu0lG_hmRAiGUBt0CC_3SqbQEE96EgRfRpsrlrcvArUn9EiYeY3SEywqLigzabZDLBpWojQ5uwwu4i4k_-97tYDVM35Ilh-MRcEN0ed3ga-YSW4uZARq1yFqV8p1LSnrfJbdajUjKk3L3AQVQisqIvCCt7oKTGLghFR52mekRhtT3lH5E1Yzq4v1CVlt-ZZMaD6IrtfI4aRg_ZgQ69c2EVdbsfJpYbXdXVykWXi4YipgZBgy6SAyuJlibJsTr8ZU4gRf8A=w744-h1321-no

I have absolutely no problem with the temperatures on the top of the voltages; In my opinion I think this is MUCH BETTER that the values in list has we had before.

The quick charging stations menu is working here in Belgium, also an addition we didn't had working on previous version. From where do you retrieve this info? I would like to verify a few of this.

mcpkkl61Z392sbsXd-HFmD4ivD7_cPG4r2C3-dVJfiozceBSD156Svy8lCcyGXjYwZN3CjFL4LL3MHtsVLaUvLPhzJYkXyrIKIGBKysdR716WwMEZYXi5zi7L9fBHNyvdAfZxUspWZnYUDmERgFuYFXi7sAiD8IwWwdwTgRNgc-Rgi0ukarV9ZKBhZNtpqbhhbeGAMKX9Qdx6jSoL8ZO1JN3eHK1h5_2m1_S6CafG3vXjsDv1FdazEEgZzytp3Oj9E6QOC6kFbcq6vE-5Ukr-SvoQTcexlFpVKkw4pUUUqHhuyY9X7x_ELk0nZBVWlPp8aJdS_P9WbgcxuuTZTcKs5xiNsYKY7F_f99LMPNB6ORb6jVRQ8xqHTF_kSJDC5z2sLQZJKrIFx7-UrOhQkIyYQ-3J-_wRtI1yMzt_BPRwZlxvYGWAIjsiLBa9F8qEQOU51O6MvB9XxkGtuGd0c7YI91x6bUVjctLYL_HJIQ0jq6CLPGhhSuhKZjDG5uLS0R3k3V_CBsn7V_dVPmcpdrkCns5wuoBLibXdCVNT5F6ULquQ9FVIH7R1egtGae1PJfEpA0Na3MJYdlFBoSYkxCkEus_YZPYf0yP6EK2gDA3XRmXrEp3KgTaEpT23QBAiy_iNjRoSb2ws2M9zeN6egLC3KSEg4KJnp5joa-h6a2jQvIV2djxPIhFQQzEENKT2CE9rNzPrSG6bNVE64cIfaHvVTmpJw=w744-h1321-no

My understanding is you are doing this on yourself with very little support, if none; so I would worry more about functionality than appearance, it's pretty ( and sobrer in my opinion) enough.
I already started writing a brief description of what each menu does. Maybe next weekend I will update it with this new menus and send it to you so we can start integrating it on the app.

Keep up the good work, thank you so much for it.

Best regards and thank you
Nuno

I have fixed the issues related to replay, so it can now replay both the BlueON and Soul EV 2018 recorded csv:
battmap_BlueON.png

battmap_SoulEV2016.png

The latest version is 0.1.3-2906, as usually, the download link is here:
https://github.com/langemand/SoulEVSpy/blob/master/README.md

Oinq said:
Very nice update :D

My voltage map looks good, no cuts and I have 7 temperature values. Does it exist 8 sensors?

AFAIK the Kia Soul EV measures temperature in 7 modules and the cooling inlet (the latter is displayed on the BMS page).

I am unable to see the images you add.

Oinq said:
The quick charging stations menu is working here in Belgium, also an addition we didn't had working on previous version. From where do you retrieve this info? I would like to verify a few of this.

It is pulling data from the http://www.goingelectric.de/ API.

Oinq said:
My understanding is you are doing this on yourself with very little support, if none; so I would worry more about functionality than appearance, it's pretty ( and sobrer in my opinion) enough.
I already started writing a brief description of what each menu does. Maybe next weekend I will update it with this new menus and send it to you so we can start integrating it on the app.

Keep up the good work, thank you so much for it.

Best regards and thank you
Nuno

Thank you (and everybody else) for the feedback, I appreciate it.

My GOM reads 60 at 100% at 4.3 mpkwh. Is it really possible that my SOH is 82%. I read other posts that people with similar numbers are at 67% SOH.

-
Thanks for the updates, am testing latest version now. - Version 0.1.3-2906 - the heatmap page is not working at all (tested soul EV, Blueon and recorded data). It just shows an empty page.
langemand said:
AFAIK the Kia Soul EV measures temperature in 7 modules and the cooling inlet ...
The current Soul EV has the 8 modules each with its own temperature sensor.
The BMS also provides data for the Min and Max values. Together with the Inlet temperature.
In Torque there is also a calculation for average module temperature.
There are also two battery heater temperatures. For Soul EVs without battery heaters these two values are constantly zero because the sensor doesn't exist. My car always shows zero so this value is of no use to me.

Other data that would be relevant to the temperature page are the battery fan speeds and the ambient temperature.

Using Torque my 2015 Soul EV has this on my battery temperature page.

The BMS data can be looked at in an annotated form in this excel spreadsheet - Spreadsheet showing BMS data

The temperature heatmap page on the CanZE app looks like this. ( I no longer have an SM3 - so tested without a car present.)
I think we should remove the line at the bottom that says debug.

Checked the new version, fixed image links above (I hope)

New version with me also broke the cell map.

-WnV5sh2PayeyFEcTqigrFWOeEL-P5EOdr8WzLzQWWzbMcyViMe6zAk_fP6yrLIZ6bNwwLnC0H3v-gUz29Aci7np2Gppk3hOpJ0giaprcm-khMTtxNIXeTNr2QU7dNLzFi9bAW9L8_0yseOOchvvC7_sPrMf21Ru3V10LFSrAKTvVDC7YPqPjIeKGbKBjzcId5RrlOYYiqwEBfmhg9VV9_E6xsD9t53JTHV9MPa8fZiPdNnG8gm6fVxVSTYwuwpoTTDKILZo_wiOoLD7UJ1e3BbTtv5WlhYmMd3j6nqHp9ME8HNj9ZVDlYmF3gbRCr20hovapH6BMdPfZtMUSmrGwOSTBNU3otSP4oMC50MGrFMOl93mym97GgDMGBnyKZuyfNcjBIN3xKMC-P627oIOlM5ovzSw4FwdY91zxavjzyZBioTvGtWcptW3J0PwV_qaz0iHG84LT9ZJtyZQhXoxdEdxkrwLWxBz_4fmdTMCOuHtqeugbOGybTkMVy6RZrxUdPEnsxlmuF81ZBy59BMC99idHkkleQ7R9mWmMg2ImvJ2myHB12a-UquGpvFZYGDsRTcWAdZWVICn0nW_v3XZ7N_AtLjpfmMLOGt2ws-xmBRvN2KHkiHjtbTrkVg1C92fBsbyzzOSmyqDWu6Pm7NPeVpQdlnBo23cqoE1nMTc9tGucHNZ8V0sApqSJ7l4D8qtzBgVc68YgJTVCAq0f5QxGKBQBQ=w744-h1321-no

warren55 said:
I just installed the latest version. Nice work, and thank you! The interface is getting better each time. I've only had my car for a couple weeks, so I'm still getting used to things here. When I got it, it showed 104.5% SOH, but now it shows 106.6% SOH. I'm assuming it's just a typical variance like I used to see on my Leaf.

The SOH calculation is corrected from SoulEVSpy-0.1.2-2623 onwards. If you upgraded from a version prior to that, the difference is expected. If you want to make sure, look for battery.min_cell_detoriation_pct and battery.max_cell_detoriation_pct in a csv-file recorded before you upgraded, and in a csv-file recorded after you upgraded.

The battery cell map is fixed: It works on my 2015 Soul, and with replay of BlueON, 2018 Soul and 2015 Soul csv files.

I have added reading and display of the 8'th temperature sensor (thanks JejuSoul).

The dynamic coloring of the map cells has been tweaked a little.

Download link has been updated here: https://github.com/langemand/SoulEVSpy/blob/master/README.md

I am certainly not a programmer, but is there any chance we'll see future upgrades that would include things like a diagnostic screen where we could see fault codes, or turn the warning chimes off and on, like the Leaf Spy app? If this will work with the new Kia and Hyundai EV's coming out, I'm sure it would be hugely popular and I for one would not have a problem paying for it!

I have version 0.1.3-2912, and set it all to US measurements, but all the screens still show KM, or degrees C.
This is for the range screen, BMs screen, etc.

I hope the developer pushes this forward, as an app on the real google play page, so we can BUY it.....

But it sure will have to be improved and reformatted a bit...
Like:
great info on tire pressure...but which sensor is which wheel?
and
what is 'prec' in the SOC output? (it has actual/displayed/prec??)

just my thoughts....and I can't find where to get an update (if there is one...) and no link in the app.

-
SoulEVSpy is still beta software. But it has the potential to be a great tool.
There has been some good progress recently.
Am hoping more developers and testers will help to boost improvements.

pthack said:
... great info on tire pressure...but which sensor is which wheel?...
The problem with knowing which TPMS sensor is which, is that the tyres get moved around each time you do a rotation.
I had this set up in Torque to show the original locations. This was 50,000km ago.
The tyres have been rotated a few times since then, and I did not update Torque each time.
I can see when one tyre has low pressure, but to know which one it is I have to go out and actually kick the tyres.

I've laid out the TPMS data in Torque like this. There are also codes for sensor ID which I don't bother to show.

Am not sure why the position of the data would move with the movement of the tyres.
I should check the sensor IDs before and after the next tyre rotation.

Does any one else know what the error is here? My code for Torque? Kia's implementation of TPMS?, or is this always the case with TPMS?

pthack said:
what is 'prec' in the SOC output? (it has actual/displayed/prec??)
I don't know, I only have access to information that is freely available on the internet, no technical documentation. I would love to have the technical docs, that would make it possible to improve the app a lot.
"prec SOC" is probably some sort of energy measure, that seem to correlate relatively well with SOC. There are 3 different places where the SOC can be read, one being the one displayed in the car menus, you will find all 3 in the .csv file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back