Dash rattle

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warren55

I've been chasing down a rattle in my dash, and I think I have it narrowed down to the "eyebrow" pad over the instruments. If I hold pressure up on it, the high pitched rattle goes away. Does anyone know if that pad is just held on with clips? That's how it looks to me, since it's obviously a separate part from the main dash pad, but I don't want to destroy it by prying up on it.
I'm thinking one of those clips is the offending party!

-
I had a look in the 2016 Soul EV Service Manual. As is very common in this manual the relevant page is just cut and pasted from the gasoline variant of the Soul and does not match our car. In the gasoline variant that space is taken up by the center speaker. The fitting is probably identical so this may help.

I appreciate the help, but the part I'm looking for sits over the gauges; the speedometer and GOM. It's a padded piece that is perched over it.

From what I can find in the service manual, it does't appear to be removable. I'm pretty sure it's a separate piece, but I'm not going to pull the dash to find out. From the searches I've done on it, it looks like rattles are not uncommon in Kia dashes. I guess I'm lucky mine isn't too severe!

I did find the part # is 84835-B2000BF6 and it's called a Cluster Lid or Visor, shown in this diagram:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13mgFP6sBGCiQ_7tENpgqkH6qiOhdIvYc
Now to figure out if I can remove it safely...

I did. On mine it was the black trim around the gauges. Simply pried it off and crammed something behind it; can't exactly remember now, but probably some small adhesive tape or rubber. I also found that my garage door opener tends to rattle on the sun visor.

Yep, same spot here, I was worried it was something in the steering column at first, but thankfully not. I figure a small piece of adhesive foam to give the gap a little space should do the trick, I’ll keep an ear out for that garage door opener :?

Back