Thanks for making the effort to post that video after you'd already had yours apart and put back together - appreciated!
So I took my central console cover off today and... JACKPOT!
...USB board and 2nd smart key fob were both there exactly as FueledUpRooster indicated. The keyfob was wrapped in 12v wire in some sort of Faraday Cage I guess to prevent the car from detecting that it was there?
A little Goo gone to clean them up and everything is back together like factory. I also applied the SW upgrade and my car is now Apple CarPlay enabled, which I'm thrilled with.
So of my things to fix/do list from my earlier post:
Still to be done:
- Replacement side-mirror (used from a wrecker), this will correct a broken signal light and worn out mirror adjuster.
- Replacement steering wheel (slightly used from a wrecker). This will provide a much nicer steering wheel with no spray paint, etc.
- Replacement centre vent dash piece (from a wrecker). This will replace the piece with the holes in the dash.
- Re-connect USB connection now that the Cdn firmware update has been made available for CarPlay.
- See if I can figure out why the back-up camera isn't working (low priority).
...all are now complete except for figuring out why the back-up camera isn't working. I was also able to clean up the glue from the old green wrap on the doors and fenders with a little Goo gone. Also, as I noted previously my A/C doesn't work either due to what I believe to be lack of refrigerant. Fortunately, here in Calgary you don't actually NEED A/C as often as you'd think.
I ran the car battery down to 7% remaining this week and managed 112km driven with 7km range left (est,), for a total range of 119km. I then recharged to 100%. It seems to have rebalanced the cells in a favourable manner. So prior to this the worst I'd seen it was most cells with 3.70v and a few outliers down at 3.64v and even one at 3.60v (cell #95). This had a corresponding max cell det. of 36.3% and a min cel det. of 19.1, with a 82.3%.
After the 100% recharge it is now showing 85km range (up from 81km on the previous charge), Max cell det. of 33.7%, Min cell det. of 0.7%, associated SOH is 92.8%. The cell map shows most cells at 4.06v, and few at 4.08v, and #95 which was a full tenth of a volt lower than the majority of the pack is now at 2 hundredths of a volt HIGHER than the rest of the pack (4.10v).