Clock does not display when I start the car, it will takes 2 mins to display the clock after I start driving.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouLuc

My 2018 Soul does not display the clock when I start my car, after I drive it for 2 mins the clock will appear on the screen. With this issue it impacts Android Auto system. If I plugged in my phone prior to the clock appear, it will work for the 2 mins as soon as the clock appeared it will kick out Android Auto. I have to unplug the phone and re-connect then Android Auto will works or I wait till the clock appeared then plug in my phone then Android Auto will work without issue. Anyone is experiencing this issue or any suggestion on how to correct this issue. Thank you in advance for your help.

-
You don't say where you are?
You don't say which clock you are referring to?
How about giving us some more details.

Until then here's my guesswork.
The small clock at the top of the navigation screen is showing --:--
It does this while the computer is trying to get the time over a 3G network.
Your home, garage does not have a good network connection.
The problem is solved when you move the car to an area with connectivity.

In Canada we don't have any cell connectivity on the car, so it gets the time from GPS. I've noticed the --:-- on the navigation screen is appearing more often recently, there was a GPS rollover on 6th April and I think it may be taking a little longer to calculate the time these days.

notfred said:
In Canada we don't have any cell connectivity on the car, so it gets the time from GPS...
Yes, that makes sense.
In which case the fix is easy. Turn 'GPS Time' off.

-------------------------

Something I noticed today - the two clocks displayed here have slightly different times.
Edit - It seems this screen always shows 12:07. It is just a coincidence I looked at that time.

Thanks JejuSoul for your suggestion, I have tried to Turn 'GPS Time off' but it is still not fix :(
Btw, I am located in Toronto, Canada and new on this forum. We don't have cell connectivity suck.

I just started having a similar issue but now it doesn't even display a time for my entire trip. I tried to manually set the clock but those options are disabled so I cannot even manually set the clock. Did you ever resolve this?

I’ve noticed the same thing happening, first few minutes with no clock, and today have no clock at all. Has anyone found a fix?

2015 Soul in the USA. Clock disappeared from display yesterday. Unable to get it to reappear. I found that the clock appears on screen if you press and hold the radio on/off button while starting the car, it disappears when button is released. It shows 12:00 when I am holding the button.
Where does the clock get the time from?

Not only worldwide, but Kia-wide as well. All kind of Kia models are affected: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t73000_ds1053034

I fixed my clock on my 2016 today. Here's what I did.

1) I turned the car on ready to drive but left it in Park. I waited for the infotainment unit to boot up fully - it should be showing the navigation position and everything running.
2) I used a ballpoint pen to press the reset button. This is a small button inset just above the Map/Voice button on the top right of the infotainment unit.
3) As soon as I pressed the button the screen went dark and the radio stopped playing. I held the button for about 5 more seconds to make sure it was a full reset and then released it.
4) I just drove the car normally. The infotainment unit booted up and the clock still showed "--:--" for a while, even after the navigation started showing my position. At this point I thought it hadn't worked but about a minute or 2 later the clock suddenly started working. Checking in the setup menu for the clock and the options are not greyed out, so it is now working fully!

Back