Oinq

Re: Setting up Torque to show BMS data

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:51 am

notfred wrote:2) The car only recalculates how bad the cells are if you drive it to less than 20% and then recharge to 100% in one charge.

I thought we must start from 100%?

Code: Select all

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GHPRH6iS98wNhViDA

Soul EV 2016

notfred

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:00 am

No, it's during the charging that the BMS recalculates the battery health

Oinq

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:52 am

notfred wrote:No, it's during the charging that the BMS recalculates the battery health

Noted, thanks.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GHPRH6iS98wNhViDA

Soul EV 2016

JejuSoul

Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:58 am

-
You are both correct about calibration.
The battery calibration thread is here :- Battery Calibration
Elmil wrote: I always have the calibration at 392.5 +/-0.1V battery voltage, 4.08V (0xCC) cell voltage and 91.5-92.5% SOC.
Calibration occurs on the final charge just before 100%.
There's a recommendation on the Battery University site to do a battery calibration once every 3 months.
See : BU-603: How to Calibrate a “Smart” Battery

-

Also from the previous page in this thread I linked a YouTube video which showed how to hack the navigation computer to install Torque directly into the car. Hacking the navigation computer risks bricking the system. I do not recommend anyone try this.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

JejuSoul

Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:25 pm

-
I have added a second method for calculating the State of Health SOH of the 27kWh battery.

004_CALC SOH Failing Battery,Bad SOH,2101,110-val{000_Maximum Deterioration},0.0,110.0,%,7E2

This calculation only considers the deterioration of the worst cell. It, is only based on the Maximum Deterioration.
Not on the average of Minimum and Maximum Deterioration.
For battery packs where a single cell has failed this makes sense. It is irrelevant what the state of the 95 good cells are if a single cell has completely failed. A single failed cell means the entire pack fails.
I am calling it Bad SOH because it is the value used when the battery goes bad.
Recent data for cars with failing batteries all show a Minimum Deterioration of zero and a very high Maximum Deterioration. - Soul Spy? Thread

What we don't know is at what point the BMS software decides the battery has gone bad, and starts ignoring everything but the worst cell.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

JeroenE

Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:31 am

On this site: https://github.com/JejuSoul/OBD-PIDs-for-HKMC-EVs the plugin HKMC-EV-Torque-Plugin is mentioned. My google-fu fails me and I can't find this at all. What am I missing?

JejuSoul

Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:09 pm

-
The plugin was a great idea that was never completed.
It was intended to automatically detect and download the files need for your car.

Given that it was not in a usable state and is never going to be finished, I have removed all mention of it.

Return to “Technical Discussions”