Thinking of getting a higher mileage 2016

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they can't break the threadlock with a more sturdy tool then they would just drill out the bolt.

For those that have re-mounted their usb/aux dash, how on earth did you get the thing back in, I've applied immense amounts of pressure to no avail. Did you use a compression tool of some sort ?

Tcalp said:
For those that have re-mounted their usb/aux dash, how on earth did you get the thing back in, I've applied immense amounts of pressure to no avail. Did you use a compression tool of some sort ?

It can be inserted by disconnecting both cables on the back and then slide it in from the front of the console. Clean all the sticky foam residue or it won't fit in. Press gently, you should hear a click noise, then reconnect both aux and USB cables back in.

ksoul2084 said:
My 2016 former-Teo taxi Soul had the sign removed but they left the giant holes in the roof and simply covered them with a black wrap. Yesterday it hailed here and the wrap tore open over most of the holes, exposing the inside of the roof to the elements. :(

So now I need to figure out a long-term solution to plugging the holes to keep them water-tight and as visually appealing as possible.

Since the black wrap on the roof was damaged in several places by the hail I'm thinking of removing it entirely to expose the original light blue paint, though I have no idea what other cosmetic / paint damage might be lurking under the wrap from the sign, etc.

Any suggestions on how to plug these large holes? I'm thinking a large, thin bolt of some sort and some water-rated silicone but maybe there is some kind of thin plastic plug or something that would look better?

For now I've covered the holes with Guerrilla Tape. Looks better than you'd think.

Took my car in to see about having the battery replaced under warranty, wish me luck

Just got a bluetooth OBD2 adapter. Says my battery state of health is 110%. According to the Canadian facebook group that's normal for a brand new 27kwh battery. Looks like this confirms that the battery was indeed replaced this April and that the car was barely driven since.

bijan said:
Just got a bluetooth OBD2 adapter. Says my battery state of health is 110%. According to the Canadian facebook group that's normal for a brand new 27kwh battery. Looks like this confirms that the battery was indeed replaced this April and that the car was barely driven since.

If the battery was replaced it should be stated on carfax report.

Tcalp said:
If the battery was replaced it should be stated on carfax report.

Carfax just said service without details just said who did the service and the km on odometer. I called the dealer/shop that did the repair and they said it was the high voltage battery which was replaced. This reading just confirms it.

EVDee said:
Back to the weekend, considering I had nothing but time - I started doing a tear down to try and get all taxi equipment out. I'll share photos in a separate post in the future,

Did you manage to get the roof brackets off? I've had no luck so far. Mechanic quoted me 400$. Says the interior lining needs to be removed as everything is bolted from underneath. I'd just want to blocks removed, I don't mind leaving the flat bars there.

Tcalp said:
Took my car in to see about having the battery replaced under warranty, wish me luck

What ever came of this?!?! I am going to try booking an appointment soon, dealer said my battery was replaced but I called KIA and it doesn't seem to be the case, the BMS was upgraded (firmware?).

hello everyone ,
this is my first post and new to here , its my first EV i am thinking to pick one as the guy has still left few,
i have my ELM 327 and Sol Ev Spy installed , the delar agree to use and pick the best what i like
all are there are 130km or around , what i suppose to check , SOC % or what value or around suggestion that battery is replaced under warranty or has new battery ? because hard winter is coming so test few things before give him deposit
your help appriciated , thanks in advance .

When you get the dongle hooked up and open the app, look for Car Information. Within a few seconds it should report the SOH in %.

warren55 said:
When you get the dongle hooked up and open the app, look for Car Information. Within a few seconds it should report the SOH in %.

- i ve to 3 choice to pickup either one , i manage to negociate price

1) 2016 - 113000 Km - presetent status car dashboard showing - 67% battery charged, and estimated range 53 KM
2) 2016 - 115000 Km - presetent status car dashboard showing - 63% battery charged, and estimated range 57 KM
3) 2016 - 136000 Km - full charge 100% it shows 176KM range ( VIN checked with KIA , they confirm HV battery + on borard charger replaced)

- i am getting really good deal on #1 . #2 , i ve to buy AS IS if battery fail i have opportunity under warraty before 160000 KM
for #3 which has new battery is asking more price almost $1000/$1200 aprox more ,

** all 3 car has exterior condtion are same but 8/10 so not gain that way

*** i didn't check SOH with Torque app yet , i add EV PID ( Thanks to JeJousol) , i ve ELM327 but never use on EV so not sure yet
** what custom PID i suppose to load on torque ?? kia Soul EV 2017KW ? my only issue is CHECK HV battery,

** what you expert suggest , should i go with lower millage as i have still 45K ? assuming its less abused on FAST DC charger ?? or pay 1000 more and go with new battery ? becasue i heard that they don't install new battery they just match 70% capacity with cell replacement ,

** thanks in advance , your expert suggestion welcome ,

Neel said:
... because i heard that they don't install new battery they just match 70% capacity with cell replacement ...
This is not true. They have been replacing batteries with new ones that are 100% or better. Many owners have said their replacement battery gives greater range than when the car was first bought. Car number 3 in your list probably has 100% SOH. The other 2 are probably already under 70%

To decide which car is better for you we have to know what you intend to use the car for. How far will you drive it? How fast?
How easy will it be for you to take the car to Kia and get it serviced?

I would just go for 3 as the stuff that fails has been replaced and you can just drive the car. Yes it costs more but you are paying for peace of mind.

JejuSoul said:
Neel said:
... because i heard that they don't install new battery they just match 70% capacity with cell replacement ...
This is not true. They have been replacing batteries with new ones that are 100% or better. Many owners have said their replacement battery gives greater range than when the car was first bought. Car number 3 in your list probably has 100% SOH. The other 2 are probably already under 70%

To decide which car is better for you we have to know what you intend to use the car for. How far will you drive it? How fast?
How easy will it be for you to take the car to Kia and get it serviced?

** Thank you for quick reply , appreciated
- my daily commute is Maximum 60-70 KM everyday , may be 2-3 days in month (30 days) could be reach 100KM Maximum thats all,
- car will be park and charge in closed NON- heated garage with Level 2 charger ,at least during winter as i am located in canada
- kia dealer who deal with Electric is just 2 KM away from my workplace , and other one near to home is 12KM , so not big issue of access them but not sure how their response and behavior on service battery when it goes down 70%
- i am not sure that my Logic to get 11300 KM is true but i explain - its 11300 , it has still 45K HV battry warranty left , winter is on the way , i will run as is and pass the winter battery will more degrade i will claim warranty end of winter to get new battery ( not sure how easy it will )
more over all this car are from Quebec which is well known for bad Roads, most cars from there are cheap because suspension screwed, there were used taxi commercially abused heavily so 113000 has less wear on other parts compare to 138000 (which has new battery) ,
- in short for (Gamble on) 113000 KM car , HV battery replacement warranty will be on my shoulder , but other wear and tear will be less that will be my benefit am i thinking right way ?

Neel said:
JejuSoul said:
Neel said:
- in short for (Gamble on) 113000 KM car , HV battery replacement warranty will be on my shoulder , but other wear and tear will be less that will be my benefit am i thinking right way ?

Well 20000km extra mileage isn't much really. I think you're over-thinking it (I do this too). :)

Sounds like you're game for the "adventure" of dealing with a warranty battery replacement yourself, and well situated to do so geographically. I'd say go for the best deal you can negotiate then and plan on getting the battery replaced yourself.

ksoul2084 said:

Well 20000km extra mileage isn't much really. I think you're over-thinking it (I do this too). :)

Sounds like you're game for the "adventure" of dealing with a warranty battery replacement yourself, and well situated to do so geographically. I'd say go for the best deal you can negotiate then and plan on getting the battery replaced yourself.

yes Ksoul , you are right , i am overthinking , this is first time i am buying Electric car , so many things spinning around head
after reading onboard charger( OBC) replacement issue , i am swinging between from high millage driven with new battery + OBC (15 month warranty left over) Vs lower millage driven with longer warranty (30 month) . in case if OBC or Battery issue (definately gonna happend) i ve enough room to fight for warranty , this is my overthinking , ...

Back