Compmaker1

Re: 50 miles to the charge.

Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Ours just got a fault code. We just got a new cord from Amazon. The dealer just gave us a reman battery and called it good... I have since hadn't had an issue. I have no idea how they figured it out. I was told by one dealer that there wasn't a problem and they wouldn't even look. I am guessing they had to do voltage checks and output checks on the battery...

rjpack74

Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:01 pm

You purchased a new Level 1 charger, or just a replacement cord for the Kia Level 1 charger?

I've set an appointment with the dealer to have them check ours out. Hopefully they have someone knowledgeable about the EVs.

Compmaker1

Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:23 pm

No I purchased a level 2 from amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PH ... DW0W7J6ULN

I just got it in today. A good tip If you have many dealers in your area find one you are comfortable with. One of the dealers that is "EV Certified" Kia dealers in my area wouldn't take the time to even look at it. The tech said "it is fine" refused to look at it. I went to another Kia Dealer in my area and they found all of the issues. Find a Dealer you can trust with your vehicle. Best advice I have ever received. I am going to clear drive history tonight and then charge with the level 2 from here on out. Much easier.

Return to “Batteries and Charging”