JejuSoul

Re: Setting up Torque to show BMS data

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:13 am

-
Edit - Hacking the navigation computer risks bricking the system. I do not recommend anyone try this.
-
Some German users have found a way to install torque pro onto the head unit of the car.
They do this on the I oniq Electric, but the same technique should be available for our car as well.
German YouTube Video : - Hyundai und KIA - Torque Pro und ABRP direkt im Multimediasystem nutzen!

To succeed on the Soul EV we need to get into engineering mode. The access code seems to be different from that shown for the I oniq in this video.

There's another video which shows better how to get into engineering mode and install the files.
Russian YouTube Video : - How to HACK Navigation/Multimedia systems KIA/HYUNDAI and install third-party applications

Note the warning -

Last edited by JejuSoul on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

Oinq

Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:03 am

Soul EV 2016, can't get in engineering mode.
Any clues how to?
Does someone know the brand and model from this system?

Code: Select all

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GHPRH6iS98wNhViDA

Soul EV 2016

JejuSoul

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:11 am

-
The engineering mode hack doesn't work on my car either.
I will open a new thread for discussion of this topic, because it is not really relevant to Torque.
-
Hacking the navigation computer risks bricking the system. I do not recommend anyone try this.
Last edited by JejuSoul on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

Oinq

Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:23 am

JejuSoul wrote:-
Some German users have found a way to install torque pro onto the head unit of the car.
They do this on the I oniq Electric, but the same technique should be available for our car as well.
German YouTube Video : - Hyundai und KIA - Torque Pro und ABRP direkt im Multimediasystem nutzen!

To succeed on the Soul EV we need to get into engineering mode. The access code seems to be different from that shown for the I oniq in this video.

There's another video which shows better how to get into engineering mode and install the files.
Russian YouTube Video : - How to HACK Navigation/Multimedia systems KIA/HYUNDAI and install third-party applications

Note the warning -

Soul EV 2016

JejuSoul

Thu May 02, 2019 8:03 pm

-
A long and fairly dull video by Jack Rickard showing how to setup Torque on a T esla M odel 3.
The useful parts are the detailed history of the OBD port, and methods for analysing the CAN data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZWjmN4KG6A

JejuSoul

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:05 pm

JejuSoul wrote:...Some German users have found a way to install torque pro onto the head unit of the car.
Note the warning -

Maybe the warning should have been stronger. Hacking the navigation computer does risk bricking the system.
A bricked system here - I oniq Forum - Setting up Torque to show BMS data
McTrex wrote:...Now when I start the car, the multimedia unit stays at the Hyundai logo startup screen and doesn't react to anything anymore.
I've tried
- shutting down and restarting the car
- Pressing the reset pin next to the volume button
- Attaching a keyboard to the USB adapter and pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, the screen flashes and then the logo comes back up again.
So, have I bricked my multimedia system?...

-

Hacking the navigation computer risks bricking the system. I do not recommend anyone try this.

Another bricked system here - Ioniq ev 2019. Bricked headunit.
So my head unit got bricked due to a software update and I had 3rd party apps installed. I didn’t know I had to factory reset it before software update. Either way it’s not covered by the warranty.

-
Last edited by JejuSoul on Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oinq

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:38 pm

So far so good, my optima PHEV had no problem, and I installed waze and spotify.

Soul EV 2016

JejuSoul

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:30 pm

-
I have uploaded the Torque codes to show BMS data on the new 64 kWh Soul EV.
Github: OBD PIDs for the 64kWh Kia Soul EV - Years 2020 to ...
I'd appreciate it if someone could test that it is working.

Some codes in particular I think are wrong.

000_Battery Cell Voltage Deviation
000_Rapid Charge Port
000_State of Health

These are all copied from from the K ona files, which were copied from our original Soul EV files.

Some new codes that I haven't tested for, or included yet.

000_Charging,Charging,0x220101,val{000_BMS Main Relay}-val{000_BMS Ignition},0,1,,7E4
001_Odometer,Odometer,0x22B002,((i<24)+(j<16)+(k<8)+l),0,200000,km,7C6
002_Vehicle_Speed,Vehicle Speed,,0x220100,ad,0,147,km/h,7B3

Tcalp

Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi Guys,

I've setup Torque and imported BMS and BMS2, in terms of understanding if my battery is eligible for replacement , what value(s) am I looking for ? I thought it was SOC, but that just seems to display how charged your battery is in %

notfred

Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:48 pm

State of Health (SoH) is what determines how good or bad your battery is. There are two caveats:
1) We don't know how Kia calculates SoH for warranty. We use the average of the worst cell and the best cell in Soul Spy and Torque Pro.
2) The car only recalculates how bad the cells are if you drive it to less than 20% and then recharge to 100% in one charge.

Return to “Technical Discussions”