krox

Re: New software update installation (video)

Sun May 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Nowhere, you need to buy it.
Turn to stroom, he has.

Fansite

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:30 am

My friend shared the previously downloaded firmware. I checked it out. I updated multimedia in my car. Everything turned out well. As a result of the update, my previous version of ST.PSEV.USA.E483.151002 was replaced with a new one: ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024

For a while I will post an archive with this firmware on my Google Drive. Do not thank)))

Download link from Google Drive: Kia_Gen4_Software_2016

Photo: Before update and After update

UPD: While I was looking for the firmware version I needed, I came across some version of software for Canada. On my car, she did not fit. When trying to update, the message appeared on the screen: "Not compatible with hardware version. Please check and try again."

If someone needs a version for Canada, you can download it here.

ksoul2084

Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:27 am

Thank you!

Much appreciated. :D

Fansite

Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:53 am

ksoul2084 wrote:Thank you!

Much appreciated. :D

You are welcome! ))
Important: in the root directory of the SD card you need to copy the entire folder "update" without extracting its contents from it. All files and folders must be inside the folder "update".

krox

Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:29 am

I have a firmware version after the update: ST. SEV .USA .E 533.190218

Fansite

Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:39 am

krox wrote:I have a firmware version after the update: ST. SEV .USA .E 533.190218

Wow! Where did you get this firmware?
Do you have an archive with this update?
What model year is your car?

beanman

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:05 am

Quick installation question:

1) Should I pop out the SD card for Navigation from the top of the infotainment system and copy the update folder to the root?
or 2) Can I load the same folder onto a USB key and pop it in the front USB instead?

I haven't checked yet but is there enough room on the SDCard to fit the folder along with the navigation maps or will I be shuffling data off and back on to the SD card? (I suppose I can dig up a spare 2GB SD card instead)

Finally, say something doesn't work right, does it failsafe back to a previous firmware? Am I generally going to find a preexisting "update" folder on the SDCard currently? If so, I suppose I can copy that as a backup too.

Thank you

Update: went with the SD Method. About 3GB of free on the 16GB card. No pre-existing upload folder. Installation (cdn version) went similar to the video at the beginning of this thread. ~25 mins

I'm completely blown away by Android Auto right now. Thank you so much for posting. I assume CarPlay is similar.
Last edited by beanman on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

edmondt

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:20 am

I just want to thank you so much for sharing those files, downloading right now for the Canadian Kia Soul EV...

Fansite wrote:My friend shared the previously downloaded firmware. I checked it out. I updated multimedia in my car. Everything turned out well. As a result of the update, my previous version of ST.PSEV.USA.E483.151002 was replaced with a new one: ST.PSEV.USA.E512.161024

For a while I will post an archive with this firmware on my Google Drive. Do not thank)))

Download link from Google Drive: Kia_Gen4_Software_2016

Photo: Before update and After update

UPD: While I was looking for the firmware version I needed, I came across some version of software for Canada. On my car, she did not fit. When trying to update, the message appeared on the screen: "Not compatible with hardware version. Please check and try again."

If someone needs a version for Canada, you can download it here.

Fansite

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:56 pm

edmondt wrote:I just want to thank you so much for sharing those files, downloading right now for the Canadian Kia Soul EV...

beanman wrote:Thank you...

Update: ...Installation (cdn version) went similar to the video at the beginning of this thread. ~25 mins

I'm completely blown away by Android Auto right now. Thank you so much for posting. I assume CarPlay is similar.

I am very glad that I managed to help you.
Also glad that the Canadian version came in handy )))

krox

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:01 am

But she is also English. How to make Russian?

Return to “General / Main Kia Soul EV Owners Forum”