The 2015 Kia Soul EV hasn’t been fully unveiled, so the specifications provided by Kia are minimal, and most are estimates and/or subject to change by the time production begins.
The Soul EV will weigh around 440 pounds more than the gasoline powered Soul, so the curb weight will be somewhere around 3150 lbs which will put it about 140 lbs lighter than the Nissan Leaf.
Kia Soul EV Specs
On February 6th, 2014, at the world reveal of the 2014 Kia Soul EV at the Detroit Auto Show, Kia announced production specifications for the Soul EV.
- Electric Motor 109 hp and 210 lb-ft of torque
- Battery Pack 27 kWh lithium polymer, located beneath the cabin ensuring a low center of gravity. Class leading battery energy density of 200 Wh/kg
- Electric Range Kia is targeting 80-100 miles of real world range.
- Recharge Time Using CHAdeMO quick charge, less than 25 minutes. On a 240 volt EVSE, under 5 hours
- Top Speed 90 mph
- Acceleration 0-62mph in under 12 seconds
- Lighting Projection headlights, LED rear lights and corner lights
- Aerodynamics Aerodynamically shaped alloy wheels, smart air intake control system
- Heating/Cooling Individual ventilation system, allows each person to heat/vent/cool as necessary to minimize power consumption
- Price £25,000 (est)
- Top Speed 90mph
- 0-62mph 12 seconds
- Range 124 miles (not sure what test cycle this is on, but not the US EPA)
- Weight 1550 kg
- Motor 81.4 kW electric motor
- Power 109 hp
- Torque 210 lb-ft
- Battery 27 kWh lithium ion battery pack
- Transmission single speed