Returning my 2017 Soul EV lease and dealer is looking for the orginal bag for the charging cord??

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shapiro

We are returning this car after three years and no idea if we even received such an item? Does anyone know what this even like like so I don't go crazy looking for it? They want to charge $500 (!) for it if it's missing! Thanks!

shapiro said:
We are returning this car after three years and no idea if we even received such an item? Does anyone know what this even like like so I don't go crazy looking for it? They want to charge $500 (!) for it if it's missing! Thanks!
What do you mean "what this even like", have you never seen a level 1 charge-point? It's a box with two cords, a short one that plugs into the wall, and a long one that plugs into the car.

You might be able to go to a local online classified ads site and find a used one for less than $500, perhaps even with the bag. Yes, the cars generally come with a level 1 charge-point, so if yours didn't that would have been unusual. The ones I've seen from that era look something like this:
s-l300.jpg

shapiro - I'm in the same boat. Please let me know how it goes. I'm 100% certain we did not get one when leasing. I've called Kia directly and they could not give me a part number. They couldn't even find a picture of what one is supposed to look like. I'm stressing about the $500 as well.

Worse come to worse, I'm going to return it and pay all the charges that are legit and short pay $500 if they try this. It'll go to collections and I'll just ignore the calls. My credit score will come back up in no time, but really don't want to take that route.

Back