used battery or remanufacured

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salah

Hello Dears
Im wonder if anyone have any idea where to buy a remanufactured or slightly used battery pack for kia soul 2017-2018 , it will be sent to jordan where its very rare to find a cheap battery , even the kia official store here doesn't have have any battery pack
The battery must have a test report so we can import it
my car now milage about 20 miles at full
but the biggest problem that's limited power turtle while I'm driving killing me
Waiting for any helpful tips and experiences
:)

I believe there is at least one workshop in Jordan which reconditions batteries, presumably by replacing bad cells with good ones. I don't know where they get the replacements - maybe from wrecked cars?

I suggest you get a suitable bluetooth interface such as KONNWEI KW 903, and the SoulEVSpy app for Android, and plug into your OBD2 socket, to check the individual cell-pairs of your battery - you may not have many bad ones, but they are all connected in series, so one really bad one can drag the whole battery down.

IanL said:
I believe there is at least one workshop in Jordan which reconditions batteries, presumably by replacing bad cells with good ones. I don't know where they get the replacements - maybe from wrecked cars?

I suggest you get a suitable bluetooth interface such as KONNWEI KW 903, and the SoulEVSpy app for Android, and plug into your OBD2 socket, to check the individual cell-pairs of your battery - you may not have many bad ones, but they are all connected in series, so one really bad one can drag the whole battery down.

I have tried it twice, it worked for 6 months after each replacement but when I made the 3rd time replacement the car didn't get any better performance .
now It keeps limiting the power even for straight streets.

Did you use SoulEV Spy to identify the defective cells, and then check whether the workshop had fixed them and successfully set them up? You should have ended up with all the cells reading the same voltage when charged to 100%.

It sounds like the workshop either does not know what they are doing, or does not have the appropriate equipment to set up the BMS and balance the cells, or both. It's not like changing the cells in a flashlight. There are technical procedures to follow, and they require the right equipment. Short of taking your car to a country where there is a KIA dealer who can replace your battery correctly, i don't know what to suggest.

Back