SoulEVspy with 2021 Soul EV

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MassDeduction

I’m in Canada and trying to get the Konnwei 902 adaptor to work with the full version of Soul EVspy on a 2021 Kia Soul EV Limited.

My Android tablet connects to the dongle, but when I look at the battery map it’s a bunch of grey boxes. Any troubleshooting ideas?

Edit: I carefully re-followed all the directions and it worked, so it was clearly operator error on the first try, and I’m not too proud to admit it! :) Thank you to Jejesoul and everyone else who worked on this for us! :D

In a thread over on the first-gen Soul EV forums (here: https://www.mykiasoulev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1193&start=60) about SoulEVspy, it says the BMS won't calculate and/or cough up a SOH number until after a few cycles where you drain the car relatively low (such as below 10%) and/or relatively high (higher than 90%).

I *never* do this. I normally stick to the 40-60% range. A big day would be moving the range used to 30-70%. I went with the 64 kWh version of the car because it had nicer feature (such as the heads-up display) and I felt the larger battery would help ensure that it lasted the life of the vehicle. I got the OBDII adaptor and SoulEVspy to track how far out of whack any of the cells are, to look for the need to charge it to 100% fore rebalancing purposes. I don't intend to charge to 100% for any other reason. It sounds like a possibility that I may never get a SOH reading from the BMS for the life of the car, if I'm never draining it low and rarely (if ever) charging it full. Thoughts?

Back