Corona Virus lockdowns.

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JejuSoul

-
Firstly wishing good health and bright future to all those effected by the Corona Virus.
Especially those currently in lockdown.
Here in South Korea things are calm. We had a scary peak a few weeks ago but things have quietened since.
I recommend the Korean government's approach to beating this virus. Containment via massive testing and isolating cases.

Anyway here in Jeju I was locked down for 1 week last month.
4 visitors to the island had the virus but there has been no community transmission here.
During that week I didn't drive the car, and didn't think to disconnect the 12V battery.

When I did get back into the car I got some really weird errors.
The car would not go into the 'READY' state. Pushing the button and brake would only get into the 'ACC' state.
I was also getting lots of unusual warnings about the brakes.

My immediate assumption was that the 12V was low. I assumed I needed to jump-start, but because I was in a hurry I just kept trying the buttons.
After about a dozen tries the car started. The car has behaved completely normally since.

Ordinarily I would always say go get the car checked if you see brake warning lights. I didn't in this case because I was convinced it was a 12V battery error.

Back