MassDeduction

Re: Rumor - 2nd Gen Soul EV not coming to US

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:38 am

ksoul2084 wrote:I'm pretty sure that KIA only sells these in markets that have a government rebate program in place for new EVs, or that require a percentage of sales to be EV. Not sure if Washington State has one of those, BC, QC, and until recently ON provinces do. Also a federal one now in all of Canada.

Isn't Kia eligible for a national rebate in the U.S. still as well? From what I understand, only Tesla and GM have run out of their eligibility for the national programme in the U.S.

ksoul2084

Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:18 pm

Here's a relevant post with more details: viewtopic.php?p=11208#p11208

JejuSoul

Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:59 am

-
It seems to be more than a rumor.

The new Kia Soul EV is apparently never coming to the US

...Kia has completely removed the Soul EV from its US consumer website and wiped almost all mention of it from the company's US media site, too...
What's more, while the 2020 model-year Soul EV received an official range rating of 243 miles, this has since been removed from the EPA's website...
The codes for using Torque Pro can be found by clicking the link in the website icon under my user name on the left.

MassDeduction

Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:25 pm

JejuSoul wrote:-
It seems to be more than a rumor.

The new Kia Soul EV is apparently never coming to the US

...Kia has completely removed the Soul EV from its US consumer website and wiped almost all mention of it from the company's US media site, too...
What's more, while the 2020 model-year Soul EV received an official range rating of 243 miles, this has since been removed from the EPA's website...

A shame. I'm surprised that they're not at least selling it in CARB states, where every e-car sold might save them having to pay penalties for not selling enough. The Niro EV is a great car, but not everyone wants that particular model. I wouldn't buy an e-Niro over a Soul EV, that's for sure. It would seem variety would help them meet their targets. Meanwhile they're selling it in Canada and other places where you generally aren't penalized for failing to meet EV volume minimums. So weird.

EricNH

Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:13 am

In the last couple of weeks there have been two articles saying that it is returning to the US. One older article said that Kia denied the rumor that it wasn't. Other car websites haven't removed the "2021 or later" from their websites. Is it coming or not? Has Kia made a public statement either way?

Maybe it's obvious, but I want one!!! :geek:

RaleighRon

Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:31 pm

I too am bummed that the Soul EV currently for sale in Europe and Canada, at least, isn't coming to the US. But perhaps Kia is focusing efforts of getting us a real-life version of the electric HabaNiro concept. I've seen pics of Kia test-driving a new body-style Niro-based EV in disguise lately, so if they evolve the dowdy-looking Niro into something that looks like a mashup of the current Soul and Niro, and make it available for sale in the US this year, I'll be happy. https://www.kia.com/us/en/concept-vehicles/habaniro

Return to “News and Main Soul EV Forum Discussions”