Trailer hitch?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacesetter

Hello,
Has anyone mounted a hitch to a 2020? I see in the manual that towing it is not recommended, but a hitch is super useful for things like kids bikes. I have also seen photos on plugshare of the Kona ev towing a trailer...(I know it is not the same car but similar).

The etrailer website is showing that the typical hitch will fit the ev.
https://www.etrailer.com/question-440268.html

Thanks!

pacesetter said:
Hello,
Has anyone mounted a hitch to a 2020? I see in the manual that towing it is not recommended, but a hitch is super useful for things like kids bikes. [...]
My local Kia dealership (in Canada) is willing to put a 1-1/4" hitch receiver on the 2021 Soul EV, which I think is essentially identical. At that point I think it's just about observing the tongue weight, etc. I asked about it in the context of putting a car rack on for towing bicycles.

Wanted to share my experience with U Haul. Price was fine for a 1 1/4 trailer hitch. They put it on, but left off the plastic protector piece that was in the way. I emailed the manager and expressed surprise that a part that could potentially help protect the battery was left off. He was really nice and they remounted the hitch, cutting the black plastic where required.

So if you get a trailer hitch from U Haul, make sure you discuss the plastic piece. If they have issues, U Haul Honolulu has done it correctly.

tomlwallace said:
Wanted to share my experience with U Haul. Price was fine for a 1 1/4 trailer hitch. They put it on, but left off the plastic protector piece that was in the way. I emailed the manager and expressed surprise that a part that could potentially help protect the battery was left off. He was really nice and they remounted the hitch, cutting the black plastic where required.

So if you get a trailer hitch from U Haul, make sure you discuss the plastic piece. If they have issues, U Haul Honolulu has done it correctly.

Thanks for sharing that, I'm going to request our the local Kia dealership do the same!

Back