Kia Dealer Refuses to Provide SoH...?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoulEVFan

Hello Soul Forum,
I'm a first time EV buyer who would like to purchase a used 2016 Kia Soul EV. A local Kia dealer has several in stock. Interestingly, they seem to be the only dealer that has a particular trim/option combination available. However, they refuse to provide an SoH report. The more I ask, the more hostile they become. I'm curious how it's even possible to sell a "certified pre-owned" vehicle without even checking the battery condition? Does anybody have any suggestions on how to deal with a "hostile" Kia dealer that won't provide such basic information... other than the obvious "buy it from somebody else" advice?

Thank you!

That's pretty crazy.

I'd seriously consider buying elsewhere to avoid having to deal with that dealership in the future.

Having said that, you could test-drive the car and use an ODBII bluetooth dongle + SoulSpy Android app to see the values yourself (assuming they having reset the BMS recently). Or test drive it and take it to another KIA EV dealer to run the test?

Alternatively, if the car is certified and has EV powertrain warranty of ample time/mileage remaining, just take a chance and make a future battery warranty claim if needed.

Those are all the options I can see.

Back