simingfu

Re: Canadian availability of the Soul EV

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:17 pm

This is so called create a starving market.

I leased mine from Kia Richmond Hill, Ontario on night of December 4th 2014, during the day I had test drove one SoulEV at Kia Mississauga, the sales manager who can include the ontario incentive 8500CAD in the total price, but failed to negotiate since we need the car delivered before the X'mas, ended up we signed at Richmond Hill with 2 return packages included and lease to own with the option that we need to apply the ontario incentive on our own, but we got the car delivered December 20th, 2014.

No L2 Bosch EVSE included, but so far I only see 3 of them on the street in the past 6 month, I see more Ferralli on the street than the SoulEV.

I guess I was just lucky, that I didn't order from Mississauga store with the 8500 included, I got that incentive already in March.

JeffBacon

Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:06 am

FYI. I ordered my Kia Soul EV+ from the Ottawa dealership (Kia on Hunt Club) in Dec 2014 and it still has not arrived. I ordered the blue w white top but has since been informed they may not be getting any of those but I can take the black/red one if I prefer when it arrives. After 7 months, I just want the damn car so I'll take whatever colour comes in ;)

In April I was told there was a shipment stuck on a boat off Vancouver awaiting customs clearance (ETA on that was unknown) and it would take 2-3 weeks after docking for the cars to make their way across the country. Not sure if that was just a line by the dealer to hold me off or not but regardless, it's not here 2+ months after that conversation.

I don't mind waiting... but would prefer more realistic expectations from the dealer of ETA (and my other car is faring worse and worse so I hope it holds out!).

notfred

Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:29 am

I ordered the same from the same dealer in mid-April. Haven't been told anything about it yet just a vague "should be July" when I called them a couple of weeks ago. I left a message yesterday asking if they have any more details as it is now July and they haven't returned my call yet.

beaker

Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:51 am

If you wanted a Luxe (+) model, the wait is extremely long...
People that have order in Sept-Oct (2014), are still waiting !

irfca

Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:21 pm

From what I could tell, while I was waiting, it is 100% Kia Corp that is at fault ... the local dealerships and even Kia Canada seem to be kept in the dark as to availability and what is happening - I'm guessing Kia has never had to deal with an order backlog and demand exceeding supply (at least in some parts of the world) ... and in general are doing a pretty poor job of handling it.

I will say, it is worth the wait - I've been extremely happy with mine and am racking up the km's at an average of 3000+ km/month ... I'm driving 3x what I used to at a fraction of the cost. I'm still undecided if that is a good thing or a bad thing.
Kia Soul EV Luxury Onyx/Inferno Red Pearl 2-Tone.
Ordered: 16-Oct-2014 - Delivered: 16-Mar-2015

LFFarm

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:29 pm

I've got to back the dealers on this one too. I waited 6 months for my soul from kia on huntclub, and when my car showed up (Kia sent the wrong one) the dealer didn't even know it was coming, it was just there one morning. Kia could sell so many of these cars if they could ship in a reasonable time period.

But just so you don't become sour waiting, it was totally worth it. I love the car and it's performing better them advertised (180-200km with effort on country roads) and the cat gets lots of attention.

julie416

Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:16 am

Still waiting... Just passed the 8 month mark.

Over the phone, Meadowvale said they would switch the order to a 2016 to be received in August... I am still waiting for that in writing.

PaeteSolar

Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:05 pm

Sorry to hear some of you guys still waiting, Wife and I must just be lucky had been looking at Soul EV since Elon musk touted his powerwall, got serious 2 weeks ago stayed in touch with our local KIA dealer and boom snagged a Onyx on Red hope all you get yours soon!

One thing I didnt realize is that american base model got the 480, I unfortunately in Canada our base model does not get a 480 only stage 2. Anyone know if it is possible to get 480 installed after purchase!!

Second has anyone installed a tow hook would like to get a bike rack!!

I havent been scheduled for post purchase meeting with service department yet but I thought I would ask the community first!

julie416

Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:51 am

I just received an email from the dealer... No 2016 white luxury coming anytime soon BUT I was offered a 2016 titanium instead! With the sunroof! It is slated to arrive at the dealer late July. Looking forward to finally getting this car!

fanbanlo

Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:43 am

Nice... I should have waited for the sunroof...

Return to “Buying a Kia Soul EV”