Lease Pricing?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Booper

In the market, and was hoping some folks could post their lease deals (down payment, monthly, plus residual) so I can get an idea of what deals are available out there.

Thanks!

Got mine in Schenectady NY in Sept this year. $1499 down, $99 a month, 10k miles per year, 3-year lease. Residual as best I recall is around $10,500.

redcottage said:
Got mine in Schenectady NY in Sept this year. $1499 down, $99 a month, 10k miles per year, 3-year lease. Residual as best I recall is around $10,500.

Thanks for the info - was that for an EV, EV+, or EV+ with Sun and Fun (sunroof) package?

edit: Oh, I saw in another post you said you had an EV - thanks!

The Souls at Fucillo Kia in Schenectady are going for $38k with the sunroof option, $35-$37k without it. These are EV and EV+ models. Leases are $147 to about $190 with $2k down. I'll be driving one this weekend.

Here's my deal from Ball Kia in San Diego (CA)

EV+ with Sun and Fun
$255 + Tax , 0 Down , 10k, 36m. It's slightly better than the Lee Johnson (WA) deal for the same car.

Though the Lee Johnson is $38640 and my car was $38080. I don't know what the extra $560 gets you in the Lee Johnson version.

Edit : I found out Lee Johnson has :
Battery Heating System
Paint Protection Package
Bumper Applique, Hood & Door Pocket Film

I don't have those. Especially the Battery heating since I'm in Cali.

Edit, I found that the Schenectady NY Deal was the best at $6500 off before rebates (I got 3750 off) but then I realized that NY has a built in $2000 rebate and Cali's rebate is $2500...so I really got $6250...so Schenectady deal is only slightly better.

Recently switched from a 2016 EV to a 2017 EV+.

Terms: 2016 - Dent insurance, 15K miles/year, $0 down, $164/month, Free NYS inspections for 3 yrs., 36 month lease (March 2016)

2017 - same terms as 2016 and added the wheel and tire insurance, $189.31/month (November 2017)

Thanks for the info - what's the residual on your deal if you don't mind me asking? The Lee Johnson deal on the Sun and Fun doesn't seem to be as good value-wise as on the straight EV+.

KiaForbs said:
Here's my deal from Ball Kia in San Diego (CA)

EV+ with Sun and Fun
$255 + Tax , 0 Down , 10k, 36m. It's slightly better than the Lee Johnson (WA) deal for the same car.

Though the Lee Johnson is $38640 and my car was $38080. I don't know what the extra $560 gets you in the Lee Johnson version.

Edit : I found out Lee Johnson has :
Battery Heating System
Paint Protection Package
Bumper Applique, Hood & Door Pocket Film

I don't have those. Especially the Battery heating since I'm in Cali.

Edit, I found that the Schenectady NY Deal was the best at $6500 off before rebates (I got 3750 off) but then I realized that NY has a built in $2000 rebate and Cali's rebate is $2500...so I really got $6250...so Schenectady deal is only slightly better.

Not sure Booper, Are you talking about the purchase price after lease? Not 100% sure what you mean by residual value. I am turning car in after lease is up, if not earlier.

Yes, the residual value is the agreed upon value when the lease ends. If you plan to turn the car in, a higher residual is better because you pay less for the lease. If you plan to keep the car, a lower residual means higher payments but a smaller bite from your bank account to buy the car.

Residual Value
Ball Kia - 11424.00
Lee Johnson - 11592.00

So there is a difference of $168 between our models. That sounds like it came from the Battery Heating System.

Looks like Lee Johnson lowered the monthly payment on the EV Plus by $10. It's not enough for me, given the existing battery degradation issues. Extension of the tax credit also opens up more options in 2018 if you can afford to be patient.

Looks like the 2017 is on a Fire Sale!

2017 Kia Soul EV Plus - $200/month Zero Down...OMG
After TTL btw and this is in SoCal

He folks. New to the forum. I traded in my 2015 e-Golf SE this weekend. I thought about getting a 2017 e-golf, but the lease deals weren't as good this time around.

Instead, I replaced it with a 2017 Kia Soul EV+. I think the lease deal was pretty good: 36 months /15k miles for $940 + tax & license = $1500 drive off. Monthly payment is $193 per month + tax.

The range on the 2017 Soul EV (93mi) is not as good as the 2018 Soul EV (111mi.), but 93mi is better than the 2015 VW e-golf I'm replacing and it's more than enough for my daily commute needs.

I'll miss the VW, but I'm already digging the new Soul.

KiaForbs said:
Looks like the 2017 is on a Fire Sale!

2017 Kia Soul EV Plus - $200/month Zero Down...OMG
After TTL btw and this is in SoCal

What's the residual on it? Interested in total "buy out" price.

Thanks for posting!

I started my lease in 12/16 for a 2016 EV+ with sunroof and 12K per year miles (in NJ).
Lease Maturity Date: 12/19
My residual value is $12967.60 (USD).

Pricing... to be honest its embarrassing, so I will not say. I had really bad credit at the time so I don't think I need to say more.

Recently leased a 2018 Kia Soul EV earlier this month at 10k miles/year at Yonkers Kia in NY. It worked out to be well under $200/mo (including tax, down payment, dmv fees, doc fees, monthly payments for 3 years). I prefer not to post the exact number since it was an excellent deal.

With everything related to financing, credit score can greatly affect how much you end up paying. Can PM me if interested in more details and the Sales rep whom I worked with.

Combine this with the Smart Charge Rewards program for Con Edison customers it's almost like driving this car for free.

Residual is $11,912

If I didn't already own another vehicle (financing a Chevrolet Volt 2016) I would've leased another Kia Soul EV from this dealer.

Since you bought it in NY it came with the rebate already right?

In CA I would still get an additional $2500.

Back