KIA Soul EV - SIM card

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The US model uses the Verizon network. I've heard that their phones don't have a removable SIM card so it wouldn't surprise me if the car doesn't use on either. I don't know where I read it but someone changed their cellular modem out, it might have been on the older Nissan LEAF, however, since the US version used the AT&T 2G network which was shut down a year or two ago.

Clearly, my KIA Soul EV will soon sail, I will disassemble the audio unit and see whether or not there is a SIM card.

Definitely report what you find. I hope it has radios for more than just Verizon stations because when the service contract expires I would like to just add it on with my AT&T phone plan. Also, if it has both radios you will more than likely be able to change SIMs and get it to work there. It might be possible to change out the cellular device completely.

-
More details of the new UVO Connect for the new 64kWh Soul EV in Europe. - Kia Press Release : - All-electric Kia e-Soul to make European debut
...The system uses its own SIM card to retrieve and update live data during a drive, such as live traffic information, weather forecasts, points of interest, and details of potential on- and off-street parking – including price, location and parking availability. Crucially, the UVO system also shows drivers charging station locations, c harger availability, and connection compatibility...

JejuSoul said:
-
In Korea the SIM card is SK Telecom.
In USA the SIM card is Verizon.
Can someone confirm what network is used in Canada.

In Europe existing cars do not have a SIM card.
From next year they will be using Vodafone.

Hyundai and Kia Partner with Vodafone to Provide Connected Car Services in Europe
If the Soul EV uses 2G, then it uses Rogers as no other network offers 2G service in Canada.

Can anyone confirm which years of the Soul EV are 2G-only? Vs. 2G/3G? Vs. LTE?

If 2G, then we need to be aware that Rogers has begun a phased shut-down of their 2G network (starting June 2021). Though it may take many months (or even years) to complete, a growing number of areas won't have 2G service as time goes on.

Back