Kia Soul EV maintenance schedule

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray

Hi everyone,

I know it's a bit early, since most of us only have the Soul EV for a short amount of time, but...does one need to go to an "authorized EV Dealer" to rotate tires every 7,500 miles? The other parts of the inspection schedule involves checking certain fluid levels. It seems pretty basic. I'd rather do this myself, if possible, but then again, I don't remember seeing a car jack to lift up the car. Just wondering what others have planned...

Thanks- Ray

I do not own, but are ALL 4 Tires the same size ?

I know the Spark has 2 different sizes and the Dealers have mad huge mistakes when rotating.

Honestly, I will be rotating mine myself (when I get one) as I do with all my cars.

I am surprised that it doesn't come with a jack... but then again it doesn't come with a Spare tire so I guess it would be pointless to include one.

Other than the powertrain, the car is not really any different than a gas vehicle so you may as well do the work yourself if you're comfortable doing your own repairs or maintenance (non-warranty items). I don't have my car yet so I don't know exactly where the jack points are, but there certainly will be some because even the dealer needs lift points for the hoist or floor jack.

Bringing this topic back up again. I now have about 8,500miles on my Soul EV. Really happy with the car and its performance. How many of you have hit 7,500+ miles yet and have rotated the tires? If you have, do you rotate the low resistance tires front to back? How easy was it to do?

Thanks - Ray

While I haven't done the rotation yet, it is just the same as on any other car. Tyre sizes are the same all round so no worries on that account.

The only thing I can think about is that the curb weight of the EV is much higher than the ICE cousin so do not use a jack form an ICE Soul. I would not know where the jack points would be.

Would you have to rest the TMPS? I have not rotated tires in a long time.

Speaking of maintenance, I am a new and happy EV owner. Yesterday, just as the odometer hit 1000 miles, I had a notice pop up on the screen that said "Oil Change Alert. Your vehicle is due for an oil change soon. Would you like to request an appointment with a Kia dealership?" Yes/No

I replied No.

The first thing that struck me as odd is that I'm pretty sure there isn't oil in this car as in a conventional ICE vehicle. The second thing, (upon reading the manual) is that the first maintenance called for there is the tire rotation at 3750 miles.

Is this just an artifact left over from some previous programing or is my car reaching out to me in a special way? :D

That's going to be old code left over from when they copied it across from the gasoline Soul.

Apart from tire rotations, the real maintenance schedule is cabin air filter and inspect a bunch of stuff every year. At 5 years replace the diff oil and at 8 years replace the coolant.

The brakes and brake fluid are done depending on their status in the inspections. Brake pads should last for far longer than in a gasoline car with the regen helping to slow the car.

notfred said:
That's going to be old code left over from when they copied it across from the gasoline Soul.

Thanks for the reassurance about it being old code. I am used to low maintenance vehicles (Prius), so none of that other stuff surprises me. :)

I got the "EV service" icon today as well. First time seeing that. After reading some replies here I did a volt test on the 12v accessory battery which was fine and checked the coolant level. I noticed it was at the "Min" level instead of the "Max" line, so I put more in there. Dry as a bone in the engine compartment so I don't suspect any leaks. In fact one thing that still makes me so happy is that it's always clean as a whistle under the hood (especially compared to every single ICE vehicle I've ever owned).

Anyway, haven't seen it again, but just in case I bought a bluetooth OBDII dongle to use with Soul Spy app and/or Torque Pro to get more detailed information if it happens again. Should be delivered in a few weeks. About $20 on Amazon.

Wish me luck!

I have had that 3 or 4 times, but there was never a stored fault code, nor did trying to clear all codes cancel the light. It just went away after one or two starts. I have a suspicion it was connected to rather fierce use of the brakes.

Back