UVO Access questions

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptD

Just acquired a 2018 Soul EV — loving the car but having problems with the UVO Access app. Seems to work some times and not others. Often after trying to refresh the status of the car I get a message that the car hasn’t been started in a long time and needs to be moved. Sometimes it allows me to lock the doors but not unlock them.

I gather that the car uses cell connections to communicate with the app. We have somewhat spotty cell service here. Could that be the problem? I also wonder if the previous owner might still be hooked to this car in some fashion.

It's not a cell connectivity issue that I can tell, as I'm in a big city and have a lot of problems with the app. It's very slow and lately responds more often, but still gives errors a lot.

Interesting, and disappointing. Right now I mostly use it to turn off charging before 90%, but in the winter it would be nice to heat up the cabin while plugged in.

Back