Climate control bug? Vent mode keeps reverting to auto

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lewie221

(Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, but if it has, my search skills are lacking.)

The vent mode - feet, face etc. won't stick - keep reverting to "auto". This can't be right. Anyone have the same issue?

To elaborate, here's me trying to go from "auto" to "feet":
2016-12-24%2004.18.16-1.png

Which produces the result you'd expect:
2016-12-24%2004.18.15.png

But then, few seconds later, it reverts to auto:
2016-12-24%2004.18.16.png

This can't be right. What am I missing?

Kia Soul EV has an automated defog function with the humidity sensor on windscreen.
You are not in AUTO (in your picture) ... but the car do what he want when humidity is detected.

04R3sb.jpg

8avOYM.jpg

on the french manual, you have the steps to desactivate the AUTO windscreen defog feature :

- stay 3 seconds on the windscreen defog button (on the up-left).
- now, the humidity sensor is desactivate.

problem : i have tried this (and look the orange LED if she blink or not) and it doesn't work.
but i need the defog AUTO function so it's OK for me ... :mrgreen:

Strange that you cannot disable AUTO mode. I am no fan of that mode.I did procedure few times without problem on my 2016.
-Press FRONTdefrost button for 3 seconds (Button led will blink 3 times and auto mode is disable)
-Do again to reactivate.
Maybe procedure is deferent for different year of car equipment. Hope it works since yeah it is annoying on some driving conditions.

Back