TPMS sensors, same as 2015 Soul?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zax123

Hi all,

In the spring (yes I'm thinking ahead), I'll be replacing the stock rims with aftermarket rims (likely from Tire Rack) and I'll need TPMS sensors. The ones from Tire Rack are very expensive, and I've found sensors on eBay for about $20-$25, but they are for Soul regular, not Soul EV.

Does anyone know if both the Soul and Soul EV use the same 433mhz TPMS sensors, or are the Soul ones different?

Thanks!

Robert

I believe they are the same.

I've got an ATEQ Quickset and an ATEQ VT30 that I bought to deal with our Odyssey. Even with the latest update they don't show the Soul EV in either of them. The VT30 read them as Kia sensors and the Quickset read the summer tyre ids out of the CAN bus with setting up for a plain 2015 Soul.

notfred said:
I believe they are the same.

I've got an ATEQ Quickset and an ATEQ VT30 that I bought to deal with our Odyssey. Even with the latest update they don't show the Soul EV in either of them. The VT30 read them as Kia sensors and the Quickset read the summer tyre ids out of the CAN bus with setting up for a plain 2015 Soul.

Cool thanks!

Maybe I should get a Quickset too... do I need the VT30? This is getting expensive. :)

No, you only need the Quickset. The TP30 is only needed to read the sensor ids if the tyre shop doesn't tell you them. I'm a bit of a nerd and it is really neat to just wander around and read the pressures and temperatures on each tyre without removing the dust cap from the valve stem :)

N.B. If you do check tyre pressures this way, first check that the sensors are reading correctly against a proper tyre pressure gauge!

Cool thanks, I'll think about this before next spring.

For now, I'll get some Michelin X-Ice Xi3s and stick them on the stock rims. :)

Back