Does export void warranty?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysoulisfading

Hello! I have a 2016 Soul in the Cayman Islands. Battery degradation has taken me from 60+ miles at full charge down to the car not wanting to be above 77% charge (ie if charged to 100 will drop back down), which gives me approx. 38 miles.

Grand Cayman is small so it's still fine for getting around the more populated areas day to day, but mileage only goes one way...

I've been toying with shipping back to the US, its birthplace, to see about a warranty replacement. But I was wondering if its life outside the US has voided its warranty. Anyone encountered similar?

I seem to be in the exact same boat as you (except my mileage is only about 30 miles now which is manageable in Cayman). Have you had any luck in finding out about whether the warranty is void or if there is a reason for the degradation?

I think I've been trying to send you a private message, but not sure if they've been going through.

So what is the answer? Cause I also have 2016 Soul EV in Russia imported from US and it's also very interesting to me whether I will be able to get a battery replacement if I'll send the car to US dealer somehow.

Logic suggest that if it arrives at the dealer with US plates and no-one discloses it has been in Russia, it will be ok. If not, maybe you can prevail on the dealer not to disclose that it is registered abroad - I doubt the company would ask, as they identify the car by the VIN.

Back