AC Condensate Drain Clogged?

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrivingForce

It's winter now, but I felt like when it was summertime, there was never a huge pool of water dripping under the car when the AC was running. There was some for sure, but not as much as I'd expect compared to other cars.

I have this faint musty/funky smell from the car, and now I notice sometimes on cold mornings, the windshield will fog up on the inside as the HVAC turns on for about 10 seconds.

Is there a way I can check the condensate drain? Is it any different than the location on the gas versions of the Soul?

I know this post is old, but I have the same problem on my 2018 Soul EV. The windshield fogs up way too easily, and the Max defrost button is of little help. I suspect the A/C drain is clogged but I haven't found it yet. The underside is almost completely covered. Like the OP, I don't recall if I've ever seen a puddle under the car in summer when the A/C is on. Does anyone know how to find this drain hose?

Back