Wisconsin owners

Kia Soul EV Forum

Help Support Kia Soul EV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wylophard

I am the owner of a 2016 EV+ in the Madison area. 4k miles at present. No issues and the car is a pleasure to drive.

However, the closest certified dealer is in Rochester, NY, so if something breaks, I will probably ship it to a dealer, have them fix it and then buy it from me. Sad but true. A local dealer did rotate the tires, however, without making an issue of it.

Amazingly I did see another white top on blue EV drive past me on a Madison road. Need to flag this guy down.

Hey fellow Midwesterner!

I'm in MN and plan to lease a 2017 Kia Soul EV. How has it been for you in the winter? Any tips?

Thanks,
Meg

I haven't had it through the winter yet. Don't know if my tires will be good enough (the high efficiency tires). Thinking I might have to get regular all-season tires.

How is it possible to lease an EV in MN?

wylophard said:
I am the owner of a 2016 EV+ in the Madison area. 4k miles at present. No issues and the car is a pleasure to drive.

However, the closest certified dealer is in Rochester, NY, so if something breaks, I will probably ship it to a dealer, have them fix it and then buy it from me. Sad but true. A local dealer did rotate the tires, however, without making an issue of it.

Amazingly I did see another white top on blue EV drive past me on a Madison road. Need to flag this guy down.

That would be three of us in Madison then

wylophard said:

I know this is a really old post, but the good news for us in the Midwest is that there is an EV-certified dealer in Schaumburg, IL now, not too far from I-90. I took my Soul EV in for the annual once-over recently. If the battery is still in relatively good shape, can probably make it with a pair of charges each direction from Madison.

How have your Soul EVs held up in WI? I haven't had mine through a winter yet, and I just found out that mine doesn't have the battery heater equipped... kinda freaking out about it. :?

ishiyakazuo said:
I know this is a really old post, but the good news for us in the Midwest is that there is an EV-certified dealer in Schaumburg, IL now, not too far from I-90. I took my Soul EV in for the annual once-over recently. If the battery is still in relatively good shape, can probably make it with a pair of charges each direction from Madison.

How have your Soul EVs held up in WI? I haven't had mine through a winter yet, and I just found out that mine doesn't have the battery heater equipped... kinda freaking out about it. :?

I have not had any real issues that I am aware of and I don't have the battery heater as the car came out of South California.

Also all dealerships should be EV certified now.

Back